Unusual response to Ad

LouisianaZJ

Feb 13, 2004
Does this message seem legit to you. Seems like a generic/spam email. Response from my classified board ad

Cobra Center Caps (automatically added)

hello my name is david ,i saw ur advert placing on internet and i will like to purchase it pls let me know the last price condition and the current pics if available, urgent respond needed and tell me the reason why you are selling it. thanks

http://classifieds.stangnet.com/showproduct.php?product=48161 (automatically added)

(pics and prices are listed in original add) :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I just fell for one of these. I am selling some stuff on our classifieds and same message to my timing gun. Sent me four $850 US postal money orders and wanted me to western union the change. Bank actually cashed one, then the next day I went to the post office and they said they were fakes. Really pissed the bank off when they found out :(

I just fell for one of these. I am selling some stuff on our classifieds and same message to my timing gun. Sent me four $850 US postal money orders and wanted me to western union the change. Bank actually cashed one, then the next day I went to the post office and they said they were fakes. Really pissed the bank off when they found out :(

ahh man, there's threads about this all over the net and this board. That sux. If they send you too much money it IS a scam, no mater what.