Update 03 Cobra Vibration Problem

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by Kyle-02GT, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Kyle-02GT

Kyle-02GT New Member

To bring you all up to speed:
    My 03 SVT Cobra I bought last week in Dearborn, MI. On the way home I noticed a vibration in 6th gear on the interstate. It stops when you put in the clutch or if you downshift into 5th but anywhere 50MPH+in 6th you can definatly feel it. Later that night I was rearended and had minor damage to my rear bumper and the passenger side exhaust hanger. Today I take it to the only SVT dealership in the area and take the head tech for a ride to see what the problem is. Eventually they put it up on the rack only to tell me that the catback is bent and is what is causing the car vibration. I think to myself WTF? I explain the situation that it was doing it before the accident and about the TSB and even give them the Oasis number for the TSB. I tell them what Ford SVT said about the problem when I called them. Their reply. "Get your exhaust fixed then we'll look at it. Bring it back in a couple weeks. "

The guy still swears its the exhaust and they are the only SVT dealership for 100 miles .

So now its 2 weeks til they will even look at it again.....not to mention how long its going to be laid up..... I think they are just giving me the run around because I didn't buy the vehicle from them. They didn't even want to offer me a loaner and "forgot" about the SVT premium service that requires loaners to be given for service work....
  2. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Oasis #3933

SOME 2003 MUSTANG COBRA MAY EXHIBIT A VIBRATION WHILE DRIVING. IF THE
    VIBRATION IS FELT AT 45 MPH AND INCREASES IN INTENSITY AS SPEED INCREASES,
    REPLACE THE REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY (FORD PART# 241L). IF THE VIBRATION IS FELT
    WHILE DRIVING AT LEAST 65MPH AND INCREASES IN INTENSITY AS SPEED INCREASES,
    REPLACE THE DRIVESHAFT (FORD PART# 2R3Z-4602-BA). IF THE VIBRATION IS FELT
    WHILE DRIVING AT LEAST 65 MPH AND DOES NOT INCREASE IN INTENSITY, BUT IS
    CONSTANT AS SPEED INCREASES, THEN NEUTRALIZE THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AS STATED IN
    THE 2003 WORKSHOP MANUAL SECTION 100-04.

I can see where they may be coming from... It is possible for an exhaust system to cause the problem you're having. Get the damage fixed and then take it back is all you can do.

U.M.