update of new powder coated parts installed!

HEAVYGT

Sep 14, 2006
Elgin, IL.
Erin came over last night and we cranked the heat up in the garage...I am hoping it will be ready to show at the Race and Performance Expo March 15th.

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

still to come...
new Eibach rear springs and QA1 adjustable shocks
PMP Line Lock Kit with the 2 JEGS celonoids
SOS Cup Holder Switch
Intercooler and heat exchanger
12lb Pulley
Emays old Cervini Eleanor hood painted and striped
Kurgen Motorsports Tune

• Sponsors (?)

Looks sweet man! How's about powdering the new blower pulley?
I can't wait for nicer weather so that you and emay can have a kickass photo shoot together:rock:

I would've gotten billet caps to match the oil cap instead of powdering them as well.

you are gonna write it, right? :D

Definitely. I've found bits and pieces places, but not real good write-up yet.

Since I have TWO cars to do it to, I should become a pro by the time I'm done lol.

Also coming soon will be a write-up on the CHE k member brace with torque limiters. I think there's plenty of write-ups on springs/shocks/panhard bars, so I won't do anything on those.

Dark,

Honestly there isn't enough work to have a write up about. The use of solenoids is one of those common sense things.. specially in the PMP kits. They supply you with the instructions on how they mount them. and from there it's a matter of grounding one wire on each solenoid and bringing the other inside the car to your switch..

From there you dig up a switched power source bring that to the toggle, your other lead you already brought in goes to the on side of the toggle.. and your done.

I will tell you all right now, there is massive holding power in running these dual solenoids. I told heavy the other night, when you engage the solenoids, it's an incredibly strong hold on the break pressure.

Dark,

Honestly there isn't enough work to have a write up about. The use of solenoids is one of those common sense things.. specially in the PMP kits. They supply you with the instructions on how they mount them. and from there it's a matter of grounding one wire on each solenoid and bringing the other inside the car to your switch..

From there you dig up a switched power source bring that to the toggle, your other lead you already brought in goes to the on side of the toggle.. and your done.

I will tell you all right now, there is massive holding power in running these dual solenoids. I told heavy the other night, when you engage the solenoids, it's an incredibly strong hold on the break pressure.

that could be said for most write ups. for some it is really easy, for others any help to make it easier is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I didn't receive the instructions with mine. Just braided lines and fittings. So I'm totally in the dark. I try not to do anything the first time without at least a bit of guidance.

Do you run the positive wire from both sides into the car, or do you tie them together and just make one lead coming into the cabin? Do you just ground the solenoid to the body?

I'm sure I could go out and wing it. But with having to do two cars, I don't want to waste an entire day. So I'm just trying to get as much info as possible so when I go out there tomorrow, I don't run into any hiccups.

And I definitely plan on a write-up. I need to get a "write-up" camera, so I'm not lugging my SLR around in the garage. Maybe I'll pick one up tomorrow while the garage is heating up.