update on my car

75stang302

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
u.s.a.
sorry i havent been around alot latley.i am going to college at night and work full time during the day.along with family responsibilities i dont have much free time.anyway i had two weeks off from school for the holidays and i have been busting @@s on the mustang.i had to make a spoiler for the front becouse it just doesnt look right without one.i think it looks pretty good for a homemade job.if anyone wants to know how i did it i will be glad to share seeing as they are hard to come by.i painted it yesterday but im dont like the color.i tried mixing a custom color but it didnt turn out like i expected.im going to repaint it sunday and put the stripes on the following weekend.i will post pics as soon as its done.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll be in the same boat, going to college and working full time, so I'm trying to get the II done in the next couple of months. But definately share the spoiler pics, im interested because all i have is a cracked coupe spoiler on the cobra.

i made the spoiler out of two pieces of half inch plywood put together to make a one inch board.i joined them with fiberglass resin in between the two layers.i ct the shape out of one layer first then used it as a pattern.i then wrapped it in fiberglass matt to seal it all off.then i skimmed it with body filler and smothed it out.i forgot to tell you i used a three quarter inch rounding bit on a router around the front lip.the whole thing is in one plane unlike the factory peice but i dont think anyone would notice.it looks better than nothing for sure.i will tell you how i made the shape as soon as i get some pics for reference