Update on my Notch! Engine Installed! Pics

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by mattmcdan, Sep 28, 2006.

1. MMMM carbinator sammich :drool:
    Engine13.jpg

Attached Files:

2. lmfao at sponge bob... I love saturday morning cartoons.

he is doing weight lifting and he lifted a stick, then got two marshmallows and was like"now with the addition of two, count em, two marshmallows! then he ripped his pants trying to lift it LMFAO!!

3. you seriously watch spongebob? i mean i can understand like boy meets world but not spongebob lol

4. Small update

Did some misc wiring, and summit sent me the non efi valve covers in exchange. I also built my switch panel inside for the MSD box, Fuel pump, and Electric fan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. nice!. your pretty good at this..... :nice: want to do mine for me :shrug:............

6. Bring it to Florida, I love to work on vehicles. :)

7. Current update

I fired it up, she runs great and sounds great! this week I started cleaning up things a bit. I have 99% of the wiring done, just have to get some wire looms. Ive decided to do a factory color repaint, instead of changing colors. I stripped all the engine accessories from my 86' vert, and took the H pipe off and the mufflers. I took the flows to a local shop and had them put some turndowns on them instead of tailpipes. anyhow heres a couple pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. :drool: notchs are o so cool

good choice to repaint it the org color. i like that blue.

9. man that looks nice as hell!.... pritty clean

10. Awesome you got it fired up. I would love to do a project like this, but i am broke...

11. Thanks guys, I still have a bit more to do, I will probably do some around town driving with it this weekend. Might also drop it off at a local mechanic so he can pull vac on a/c system and charge it. After I get everything lined out I will send it to body shop for a slick paint job.

p.s. I don't like how my pretty aluminum heads are hidden now :(

12. I must also add while people are looking at this. If you plan on doing a carb conversion, Get the MSD distributor, it is very easy to wire up with a 6al box or equivalent, and it has a steel gear for use with roller cams.

13. good advice.

14. Nice notch. You should keep it the same color it is hard to find.

15. MATT!!! Looks G R E A T ! ! ! :nice:

Somehow I've missed this thread for going on a month but dude I'm so glad you got it all installed!!!

WE NEED VIDEO DUDE!!! :D

16. Thats the hawtness :drool:

17. looks real nice, and i bet she runs hard. only thing negative i can say is you have all the shiny new stuff, but then all the accesory's and brackets are dirty. otherwise it looks great!

18. I agree with my accessories being dirty, my plans are to get new stuff and billet/polished brackets in the future, I ran outta money for the time being. Thanks for all the comments

19. Hows it coming along, Updates? Got any more pics?

20. Pics on page 2 at bottom are most recent, taken over last weekend.