Update on my Second Turbo Swap.

MSM0075

May 13, 2003
Central Jersey
I know I have not been on the boards much latley, but I'd figure i'd let you guys know where I'm at with my second turbo mustang project..The motor I'm using was out of an '87 TurboCoupe, when I got it the turbo went bad on the previous owner and shot crap all thru the oil pan and spun a few bearings. so I ripped apart the whole motor, honed the cylinder walls, added 'cross-hatching', bought all new 'Clevite 77' bearings, and used another crank. I have the crankshaft installed right now, I'm looking to add ARP rod bolts and start installing the rods and pistons with new 'Perfect Circle' rings. Meanwhile I'm porting the stock head and install a roller cam. But while I do all this work I'm still in need of some parts...

-Starter Plate
-Flywheel Bolts
-VAM Harness
-K&N Cone Filter
-Water Pump
-Metal / Rubber Valve Cover Gasket
-Kurban Adjustable Fuel Presure Regulator
-SPEC Stage III Clutch Set
-Clutch Fork
-Maximum Motorsports Clutch Cable, Firewall Adjuster, Quadrant Kit
-2.3 Liter Bellhousing
-Speed Sensor
-Lower (Floor) Shifter Boot
-Optima Battery
-VAM Intake Tube (To Turbo)
-Belts & Tune-Up Parts
-UPR Blue Thunder/Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

After I have the car up and running, I'm going to spray it Ultra Red ;) I have it layed out on the rear bumper already and it looks great. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

hey I've got a question for you..

I'm installing the crank in it right now, and I am a little confused about the oil clearance.. the book tells me to do it in 3 steps.. what do they mean?

bolt it to 60inpd first ,75 in second and finally 85??

Sorry for the dumb question..

Yeah you torque the main bolts down once, then you torque them again. I don't remember the exact lbs. but if you look in your book, it will tell you the correct reading.

Using Plastigague wouldnet hurt if your down there already.

It's a good idea to tighten the caps up and down the block until they're pretty tight, and then start your torque steps. That way one end of the crank doesn't get pulled down by a fully-tightened cap and throws things off elsewhere.

I'm still waiting to do my first turboswap. :( Before school starts, I swear!!! Haven't touched the motor for a month or more, because it's done - just waiting on garage space at my buddy's and waiting on myself to get my Ranger daily-drivable.

Brian