update on one sick pony

Project 77

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
Bernville PA
Motor came out today, with some interesting finds. Both motor mounts were welded, had to buy a set of those, the old 28 ounce flywheel was broken in two places and the starter teeth were all about sheared off, oil pan filled with oil. AND gas. Looks like the motor from my 95 will go into this car, and the 95 will sit till I have the funds for a 351W. the headers on this motor were someting i never saw before, they were oval port. beat and bashed to fit in a II. 3 inch dual exhaust with two new flowmaster single chambers, which wil be for sale cause I am going with MAC exhaust.

more to follow tomorrow when i get the new motor ready to go in

• Sponsors (?)

Many thanks to Cobraman and Wart. Got the load springs/washers for the flexplate, and test fit motor with headers. Got an idea what I need to fabricate a crossbrace and came home tonight and started piecing that together. the whole exhaust system on this car is a Mickey mouse job, when more money comes in I'm going to get for real Mustang II headers and go back to a 2.5 inch exhaust, this 3 inch is way overkill for the motor going in. dropped old 95 GT motor into my 95 BLECH what a pooch. any of you guys with roller conversions running aluminum heads? I know where I can get a set of twisted wedge heads, still in box for $500 complete, thought about scrounging the sofa cushions to buy them. keep your finger crossed this mess is back together so I can leave for Nashville next tueday night