update on the Cobra

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
so been enjoying the cobra for the most part. lol. had a few things go wrong but that was brought on by me. exploded the rear end. fun, not:( but got a new center section for it and all good to go. got a set of factory cobra wheels for it. while i did the rear end went ahead and did the whole rear brakes. hoses,calibers, rotors, pads. ordered everything for the front as well. should be here on friday for it. after that its gonna get a full exhasut. long tubes and catless h pipe. its all stock minus the stage 2 clutch and the flowmaster cat back. also i put in a steeda clutch cable and quardrent last week. but not for much longer!

also found out its production number, very low. number 345 of 4040

took some pics and had some fun.

love this car :D

before...

IMG00118.jpg

1999svtcobra5-5-10005.jpg

after....

IMG00123.jpg

1999svtcobra5-5-10018.jpg

1999svtcobra5-5-10012-1.jpg

1999svtcobra5-5-10018.jpg

1999svtcobra5-5-10011.jpg

1999svtcobra5-5-10022.jpg

1999svtcobra5-5-10025.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

No wonder you exploded the rear diff....You're doing burnouts and launches with a factory 99-01 Cobra IRS. Those are are so weak it's not funny.

BTW...Nice to see you got into the 4V family!!!

Looks good, you should lower it and move that rear spoiler back so its flush with the trunk lid, i dont know why they didnt do that from the factory

No wonder you exploded the rear diff....You're doing burnouts and launches with a factory 99-01 Cobra IRS. Those are are so weak it's not funny.

BTW...Nice to see you got into the 4V family!!!

nah it was a 2nd to 3rd gear power shift racing a camaro that did it in lol.

and yeah i know they are. i have yet to launch the car. lol.

i love the 4v, miss the pushrod motor though. but i got the old mans 86 to mess with when i so please.

Did you drop a 5.0 in it?

no, 5.0 fourms are where i grew up. singed on when i was like 13. im 18 now.

you finally learned how to do a burnout :nice:

lol dick.

Just wouldn't be a good Ryan post without a burnout pic. :D

Good to see you're still turning wrenches, man!

exactly!! someone finnaly sees the finner things in life :D and yeah every single day. do it for a living. damn does it pay well though.

Looks good, you should lower it and move that rear spoiler back so its flush with the trunk lid, i dont know why they didnt do that from the factory

down the road i will. im trying to just enjoy it right now.

Besides the lowering, I worked on a 99 with the same spoiler. you can move it back so it sits flush with the trunk and you can just use some sealer and seal up the old holes and drill new ones. The old holes are hidden by the spoiler FTW!

Ryan nice car buddy i'm jealous :)

PS i forget but i know you posted in the first thread when you bought it - how much did she set you back?

Besides the lowering, I worked on a 99 with the same spoiler. you can move it back so it sits flush with the trunk and you can just use some sealer and seal up the old holes and drill new ones. The old holes are hidden by the spoiler FTW!

Ryan nice car buddy i'm jealous :)

PS i forget but i know you posted in the first thread when you bought it - how much did she set you back?

yeah imma get a 03 04 spolier for it. and scoops and such later on.

only 6,700 :D

You pulled the rear end apart and didn't do a set of 4.30's? Shame on you.

Looks much better with the stock cobra wheels.

turbo plus that much gear = bald tires no matter what.