Update. Water On Back Of Lower Intake

• Sponsors (?)

That leak could be from a heater hose rupture. Make sure before you tear everything down.
If it was a heater hose do you think it would be causing the white smoke? It had a miss when I was in surface streets but on the way way home on the hwy I didn't run a/c and it didn't overheat and ran fairly well. But when I got off the freeway it was missing again. What is the likely hood of water in oil if intske gasket went bad? Oh and there was steam or smoke coming from the back of lower intake.

It may have blown a rear intake gasket. Fun job to replace. It's actually not that bad. But there are a lot of bolts, hoses, and wires to remove and a bit of elbow grease to get to it.

A blown heater hose wouldn't cause white smoke from the exhaust. You didn't have this problem before it went into the shop for the AC repair? Is the coolant on top of the intake? Or on the top of the block behind the intake? If it's on top of the intake you should really look around and see where the leak may be coming from. If it is below the intake I would suspect the rear intake gasket. But definitely look around for a possible leak from a hose, fitting, etc. Coolant is under pressure, so if a leak develops it can spray to other areas and hide it's location. Best to run it and watch for a leak to develop.

It sounds like it may be a good time for a head, cam, and intake swap ;)

I wouldn't drive it much until you find out what this is. You definitely don't want to overheat it too much.

Yeah didn't have trouble before ac but yesterday was the furthest it's been driven since I ported the lower awhile back. The water looks like its on the lower in the rear where it bolts to heads. Just a min ago I tightened down the lower mani bolts in the rear, they turned maybe a full turn. The. I cranked it up to pull in garage and it wouldn't idle. This was 1st start of the day. I kinda think I have a iac issue going on also but not sure