update

• Sponsors (?)

well right now i got the new intake in but am having trouble finding a tap for the second coolant temp sensor. should be done in a couple of hours. i have pics if there is any request for them

ok done. first start up was awesome. just warmed it up so far. found 2 problems. leaking coolant from the firewall. i think i just have to reposition the clamp. and theres a hair line crack in the cross over. anybody know if JB Weld will fix this. AND THE CRAPPIEST PART IS I BROKE 2 BOLTS OFF. now i gotta go drill them out and re-tap.:nonono:

JB weld will only be a temporary fix. It'll eventually work itself around it and began to leak again (I drove 15k miles or so with JB weld on my cracked intake :rlaugh)

you bought a broken intake?

There was nothing wrong with the intake when I pulled it off of my old motor and all it has done was sit in the floor in my bedroom at my parents' house for a few months untouched. So i'm not quite sure what the deal is. I thoroughly inspected it while I cleaned it before I shipped it and saw nothing wrong with it :shrug:

ok well i have taken it out and drove it. got a new problem. when i give it a little throttle the car starts to shutter. i checked all the vacuum lines and they were all good. any ideas would help. thanks guys

What about the wires? Since it is dark currently, crank the car and look to see if you are getting any sparks that are visible. It doesn't take much to damage the wires and they'll spark where they meet the boot.