Updated PICS of my car, new toys added, changes made....56K WARNING

• Sponsors (?)

ExplodingGopher said:
I never said im not boosting it, couple years rebuild it to make a 557 and put on a single turbo. Im crazy.

No way man, get two smaller turbos so you make a crap load of boost but you spool up really fast....you won't be able to hook for $hit but it'll be a hell of a good time :nice: Untill then just throw a 300 shot of giggle gas on it and go import killing.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
No way man, get two smaller turbos so you make a crap load of boost but you spool up really fast....you won't be able to hook for $hit but it'll be a hell of a good time :nice: Untill then just throw a 300 shot of giggle gas on it and go import killing.

he's already import killing! oh, and to the TT guy...sick..i just hope that isnt a stock short block ;)

If i had the stock distributor insead of the MSD billet series dizzy, i could have used my old 2.5" cowl which would have been nice.

BUT....... you guys have no idea how hard it is to keep this thing cool, The large cowl helps, theres not much room for the heat to go out the bottom but the cowl does draw in some cool air from over the hood. It would never cool with a stock hood.

I've gotten used to driving with the 6" cowl, its just takes extra effort to make sharp right turns, my sight line is right on the top of the cowl.

96SVTpilot said:
Awesome ride. :flag: Just curious, what is the advantage to running cutouts when you already have dumps? From the pics the cutouts only look to be about 2ft in front of the pipe exits. :shrug: .

The cutouts are right after the headers, they are Y shaped pipes, the exhaust is actually a full exhaust exiting just before the rear axle, i even have an H pipe on there. Its like instant open headers, when on a built motor gives less back pressure and builds upper rpm power.

Just a fun update.....

Burnout night at my buddy's shop on an industrial street, i didn't do any burnouts, but i did launch my car. Foot braked her to about 3000 rpms, with my 280 lb buddy in the car too, gave her about 3/4 throttle and spun for about 100 feet, let her stop spinning and get some traction, then when she hit 3rd gear i could feel the rear end plant and grip, it put both of us in our seats :)

That was the first time i've ever launched the car with a lot of throttle, and WOW, thats some frikin torque, the front end felt very light too and it raised up quite a bit, i was surprised how straight it launched too, with good suspension and traction this thing WILL lift the front end off the ground.

I believe someone was recording it too, so i'll have to see if i can get the video, and everyone said it sounded mean as hell (race bullets)

I went to Raleigh for the Def Lep concert. I'm actually leaving to Virginia today for the rest of this month.

I say you get the suspension figured out and take it to the track, let us know how it runs. I know some hick has some slicks for you to borrow, all you gotta buy is a few hundred dollars worth in shocks/struts :)