Sep 18, 2000
FL,89 LX 5.0
when I got her.....bone stock and unmolested
Picture053.jpg

now
FYMYY-DSCF1114.JPG

Stock interior
Picture060.jpg

Interior not changed too much except for there is now a nice 5spd T5Z and FORD RACING tach
JQZSV-DSCF1119.JPG

RPJYI-DSCF1111.JPG

DGVNP-DSCF1112.JPG

Stock underhood
Picture066.jpg

Now after addition of CC plates , ported gt-40p's , P headers , E-cam , FR valve covers , Cobra intake , 1"spacer , 70mmTB , adj FPR , 24#'s , CAI , 73mmMA , 3 core radiator
DDJHJ-DSCF1125.JPG

IRFFL-DSCF1126.JPG

New shoes
OGTZL-DSCF1120.JPG

couple misc pics , she still need some finishing touches here and there...namely paint on the hood but she's gettin there! I tried to stay with a "FORD RACING" theme , all parts are pretty much FRPP .

FTSHW-DSCF1124.JPG

XMEHZ-DSCF1116.JPG

more pics to come.........here is a hint of a nice future mod....
EKHMY-DSCF1133.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

killer job, except it looks a TON better with the stock hood. don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing, put on a 4 inch cowl and it looked like patchworked ass.

4inch cowls are WAY too big to look proper. now a 2.5 tends to look ok, but unless you need a 4 inch, I'd go with the stock hood or pick up a smaller cowl hood.

i hope you have another way to vent that crank case or i'd think about hooking back up that tube that goes from the throttle body to the valve cover...it serves a purpose, believe it or not

god...so much hating...give tha man a break

well, i think it looks pretty damn good.

love the interior....nice and clean

dont "feel bad" about what you've done to tha car.

its yours and its unique, thats all that matters.

but hes right...your might want to hook that tube back up:nice:

love tha car, good work, and keep on!

Well I wish I had the time and money to do the upgrades that you have done the Stang looks great! As for the hood I like the 4 inch cowl but I tend to agree with the others that the cowl looks just too large ! I was wondering you went about to get the Cobra intake and gt 40 heads why not the Corba R hood ! But in the end it is your Stang Put on what you like! Who cares what we think !

Nice car man. I like the hood but I probably would have went a little bit smaller, and i'd paint it. How well did your t5 swap go? Any problems?

Thanks for the comments , the cowl is actually only 3.5" . I also was very tempted to replace the hood with the stocker , unfortunately while sitting in my garage my daughter accidentaly knocked it over , fell on top of a cinder block and has a huge dent in the middle , so its the cowl for now .

The t-5 swap went amazingly well , I did a lot of research beforehand and had every little item , bolt , sensor , and nut I needed , took my time and did itmyself in my garage . It was the first mod I did after the CB , made it a whole different car .

IMO, the unpainted cowl just throws it off. Once it's painted to match (If you keep it), it will look great.

Nice work :nice: Came a long ways. Keep us updated.