Updated pics of the pitbull!...starting to really love this dog lol

Beautiful pup!!! I have always loved the Red Nose.

My brindle male just turned 1yo in January. He came from the SPCA and the lady we got him from didn't have enough time to spend with him. So he obviously didn't have any obedience and we found that out real quick. We got him about 5 months ago and he is very well behaved already. To tell you the truth I believe these dogs are smarter than any other out there. He knows all the basic commands and how to give both paws and rollover. I think he picked up roll over just about as fast as any human could have.

I need to get some pics of mine up here now. This is our 3rd one now and I don't think I could ever get another breed. There are so many people out there giving these dogs a bad name that thye over shadow all of the good ones... and it's a shame.

• Sponsors (?)

Just be careful man, even if you raise them from a pup, they turn aggressive around 2 or 3 years old...most dog lovers give them up at 4 or 5 because they are too strong and too unpredictable.

:bs:Pulling out the flag on this one... There is nothing that says they will turn aggressive when they are 2-3. My aunt has had hers about 7 years now and we had our last one for about 5 but the ONLY reason we gave her up is because we were moving. If I had a say in it that dog would still be our dog. I don't believe that for one second.

:bs:Pulling out the flag on this one... There is nothing that says they will turn aggressive when they are 2-3. My aunt has had hers about 7 years now and we had our last one for about 5 but the ONLY reason we gave her up is because we were moving. If I had a say in it that dog would still be our dog. I don't believe that for one second.

Posts:1.......Pulling out the flag a little early for a newbie aren't ya? :rlaugh:

I heard that from multiple owners who have had them. I did a lot of research on a few types of dogs before I got my Lab. Every dog is different but this is the majority rule that I read about.

Well i can't really have too much opinion since i've never owned one, but i'll tell you about my best friend's neighbor growing up...

This guy had 3 pits, and all of them were fighting dogs. Two of them were very old dogs and were retired and didn't fight anymore. These two dogs were the sweetest and most docile dogs you'd ever see UNLESS another dog came into the yard, and then it was like someone flipped a switch and they wanted blood. But, to even strange people they were really sweet dogs. Both were HUGE and very muscular. The funniest part is one of them literally had 7 testicles (it was a site to behold let me tell ya...lol).

Now, the 3rd dog...this was a younger dog, and ranks up there with the most evil of animals that i've ever seen. This dog was in kill mode 100% of the time unless it was asleep. If you were in the dog's site, he was doing everything he could to break his chain and get to you. He was a little smaller than the other two, probably because of his youth, but man i have no doubt that dog would've killed someone if it ever got lose. In the end, many years later the guy actually shot the dog himself because it was just too crazy. The other two died of old age./B] which is where i was getting at with this. Both of these dogs were 12+ years old.

Posts:1.......Pulling out the flag a little early for a newbie aren't ya? :rlaugh:

I heard that from multiple owners who have had them. I did a lot of research on a few types of dogs before I got my Lab. Every dog is different but this is the majority rule that I read about.

Obviously the "newbie" knows a whole lot more about pits from first hand experiance.

Now, the 3rd dog...this was a younger dog, and ranks up there with the most evil of animals that i've ever seen. This dog was in kill mode 100% of the time unless it was asleep. If you were in the dog's site, he was doing everything he could to break his chain and get to you. He was a little smaller than the other two, probably because of his youth, but man i have no doubt that dog would've killed someone if it ever got lose. In the end, many years later the guy actually shot the dog himself because it was just too crazy. The other two died of old age./B] which is where i was getting at with this. Both of these dogs were 12+ years old.

One of my german shepards was exactly like that, it seems like they key is letting the dog meet new people at a very young age including other dogs. When you dont they become very protective and territorial

Quote:posts:1.......Pulling out the flag a little early for a newbie aren't ya? :rlaugh: :Quote

I'll call BS on that one then! I have had numerous Pits and were the greatest dogs that I have had or have run into! I have done my fare share of research and talking to other Pit owners and have never heard that in my life.
The only thing that sounds similar is I have heard of owners getting rid of dobermans because their brain grows to fast for their skull or something and go violent. Not to sure on that, it is jsut what I heard!

Jacob

Well, we all have our opinions about them. Every dog is different. They can all be different, andhell.....my great grandma who was 91 years old had a poodle.......that was the meanest dog ever!:shrug:

poodles have little attitudes lol, they need to be kicked out a window IMO!

Exactly, most of our family members wanted too, but you must respect your elders!!! We respected that dog because that was the number one thing that kept my great grandma alive for her last 14 years....Unfortunatley the dog outlived her...:nonono:

nice Pup!! here are my little girls. Shelby and Zoe. Shelby is 4yrs old, Boxer/Pit mix and one of the best dogs i have ever had. Very obedient and trustworthy. Zoe is 2 and a PITA!! she is the aggressor of the two. she is a boxer and a real bitch

DSCF0955.jpg

View attachment 397736
View attachment 397738
View attachment 397739

I cant wait to get out of school and get a puppy boxer!!!! I love pits too. My friends brother has two and his other brother has one and they are the nicest dogs I've ever met, (besides my whippet). Good luck with her. Bring her along to nanuet this summer. lol