Updating 4 eyes to late fox standards? Debate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

89Stang

Founding Member
Jul 7, 1999
Savannah GA
Ok since ive been looking into an 80 mustang ive ran into people who have feelings going both ways for the 79-86 interior and front end.

Personally I want to upgrade the 79-86 interior to 87-93 or 94-04 interior. Same with the front upgrade it to the 87-93 front end its just cleaner to me. Not that the 85-86s dont look mean to me.

So is it wrong to upgrade a 79-86 to 87+ standards??

What would you do?

• Sponsors (?)

Why not just save the effort and just buy a 87-93 car? I dont know of many people on here that would agree with converting a four eye car. Your idea seems kind of pointless to me. Four eye cars are getting harder and harder to find in good shape. There are so many 87-93's out there that are clean and perfect for modding. If your going to build a four eye car, leave the body and interior alone.

Why not just save the effort and just buy a 87-93 car? I dont know of many people on here that would agree with converting a four eye car. Your idea seems kind of pointless to me. Four eye cars are getting harder and harder to find in good shape. There are so many 87-93's out there that are clean and perfect for modding. If your going to build a four eye car, leave the body and interior alone.

Running V8 87-93 Coupes run for several grand more a lot of times. plus this isnt exactly making it look like an 87-93. Ideas not pointless. If Im going to mod and replace everything anyway why not start with the cheaper car?

Converting a four eye notch is even more a shame, thats ruining the rarity of the car, just wait til the rest of everyone in here reads this post. lol Even so I think a four eye notch is way more bad ass looking than a 87-93 style notch by far. Please dont convert a four eye notch. Ever consider converting a aero ex four banger car into a V8 car? Thats something that every four cylinder car should be converted too.

IMHO if you want an aero nose car then get an 87-93.

Sure the 4 eye might be cheaper but by the time you get all the aero nose parts and everything to convert the interior you probably aren't going to save much money.

You will get tons of replies probably most of which will say leave a 4 eye a 4 eye in not so many words.

If you are really gonna mod the heck out of it then get a 4 banger 87-93 and start there. The chassis is probably in better shape since the 4 cylinder doesn't exert nearly as much stress on it.

lol this is a 4.2L car.

As far as getting a newer 87-93 car I would spend just about as much since I like everything being perfect. This car is the price of a non running rolling chassis rusted 4 banger coupe from 87-93. Been looking for a while.

screw everyone else. do what you want! :nice: look at svt32vdohc's "hackjob", for instance, everyone was giving him crap when he first started and now look at it. i don't see anyone complaining about his car anymore. just sell the 4 eye pieces to someone that wants them if they're still in usable shape

screw everyone else. do what you want! :nice: look at svt's "hackjob", for instance, everyone was giving him crap when he first started and now look at it. i don't see anyone complaining about his car anymore. just sell the 4 eye pieces to someone that wants them if they're still in usable shape

They are in pretty fair condition. The interior is all apart though and someone tried to die it. Im debating a ttop coupe out of this honestly as I found a rusted out ttop coupe but the roof and ttops are in good shape. Thats really tempting!

They are in pretty fair condition. The interior is all apart though and someone tried to die it. Im debating a ttop coupe out of this honestly as I found a rusted out ttop coupe but the roof and ttops are in good shape. Thats really tempting!

DO IT!!!!! t top coupes are AMAZING :drool:. get both and do a roof transplant. from what i hear it's actually A LOT easier than you would think

If you are going to switch motors (the 4.2 isn;t very good) you will also have to switch rears/trans suspensions just like a 2.3 swap. They balance each other out.
I don't understand your post, do you like the early interiors and just want to switch seats?

There are plenty of threads and arguments about this topic, but in my opinion, you are switching a run of the mill car, not a pace car or cobra or 2.3 turbo. I do like the idea of retaining the parts to sell to people who want to keep all 4 eyes like they were originally made.

Status
Not open for further replies.