upgrading from 4 cylinder brakes to v8

4turboho

Jan 31, 2009
Im putting 5.0 brakes on replacing the 4 banger brakes and I got the spindle all the brakes and the strus but the strut wont line up with the holes in the top of the frame(inside the engine bay) any ideas what the deal is?

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure why you are changing sturts since they spindles line up fine with the stock struts. When I do my struts I insert the top 1st then I do the top bolt on the spindle followed by the bottom.

Not sure why you are changing sturts since they spindles line up fine with the stock struts. When I do my struts I insert the top 1st then I do the top bolt on the spindle followed by the bottom.

well i just took the strut off the new application and installed the old 4 banger ones and now it wont line up with the two bolts that go through the spindle so im f'n lost here!! and the set up is off a 89 I have a 91 :shrug:

one of the bolts should line up no matter what. I went from 10" rotors to 11" on my 82 Capri and I did not have to change anything, it was a simple bolt in. Take pictures so we can be clear on what you are talking about.

one of the bolts should line up no matter what. I went from 10" rotors to 11" on my 82 Capri and I did not have to change anything, it was a simple bolt in. Take pictures so we can be clear on what you are talking about.

its dark out side im talking about the bolts that go through the strut and the spindle one lines up the other is a little off

:worthlesb

:)

Are you talking about the strut mounting plates? If so, what year is your car, and what year are the mounting plates from? Ford changed the mounting holes for the strut mounting plates around ?91?. Some aftermarket CC plates fit across the years because the aftermarket plates have adjustment. Or, they have the bolts "in between" the two mounting patterns, and count on the user persuade/bend the bolts into the final position.

:worthlesb

:)

Are you talking about the strut mounting plates? If so, what year is your car, and what year are the mounting plates from? Ford changed the mounting holes for the strut mounting plates around ?91?. Some aftermarket CC plates fit across the years because the aftermarket plates have adjustment. Or, they have the bolts "in between" the two mounting patterns, and count on the user persuade/bend the bolts into the final position.

yep i got a 91 and they came off a 89

yep i got a 91 and they came off a 89
Looks like '90 was the year Ford changed the mounting plate holes on the strut tower.

Griggs Racing Products

79-'93 Caster Camber Plate Kits
Strut cars need camber plates when lowered. All Fox Body cars require caster plates to be aligned properly and allow you do dial in more positive caster.

View attachment 268149 $199.95 Camber/Caster Plate ('79-'89) CC7989 View attachment 268150

View attachment 268151 $199.95
Camber/Caster Plate ('90-'93) CC9093 View attachment 268152

Looks like '90 was the year Ford changed the mounting plate holes on the strut tower.

Griggs Racing Products

79-'93 Caster Camber Plate Kits
Strut cars need camber plates when lowered. All Fox Body cars require caster plates to be aligned properly and allow you do dial in more positive caster.

View attachment 268145 $199.95 Camber/Caster Plate ('79-'89) CC7989 View attachment 268146

View attachment 268147 $199.95
Camber/Caster Plate ('90-'93) CC9093 View attachment 268148

thanks for your guys help so i couldnt get any pics :SNSign: