Upper RPM power - how would you do it?

Nobody

Founding Member
May 9, 2000
Kenmore, WA
Okay now that the 4.10's are in, I can really feel where the good 'ole 5.0 runs out of steam up top. My question is this: What is the most cost-effective way to get her to breath up top?

Thanks,
Gabe

• Sponsors (?)

94-302-vert said:
if you are stock I have heard the factory intakle manifold is the biggest restriction... If I ever get the rest of my car done I plan to do this first...

For the parts on the motor .....................

I'd have to agree :nice:

If we are talking about a totally STOCK STANG ..................

The oem 4 cat mid pipe will be a close second
OR
It might even be more restrictive :eek:

Grady

That is a really good point... I put on an aftermarket pipe with 2 high flow cats and noticed no real difference, but when I did my headers and O/R pipe I noticed a big difference...

so exhaust is right up there with the intake and cam...

Oh yes, I did not mention what was done to the car already :p

It's the stock Cobra longblock. 65mm TB and Exhaust. Everything in between is stock. Will an intake really make much of a difference over the Cobra intake?

Well a cobra intake is pretty good but does have pretty long runners. If you went with something like an edel RPM or TFS Track heat that would shorten the runners and bring the power band up.

Of course a cam to match that RPM range would be good.

Oh and then upgrade the springs on ur GT-40 heads cause they probably wont be able to keep up.

Not exactly cost effective.......but a vortech works pretty darn well. :shrug:

On the cost side of things, an intake and cam would make a huge difference.

Also, if the funds allowed for it...would be the exhaust...makes a nice sized difference up top...and sounds better 99.9% of the time.

just my .02 :shrug:

Clay