UPR CC Plates are in. Important questions B4 install. PICS. Please help

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
i know these are sort of the 'bottom of line' plates but i installed these on my 95 4 years ago and never had one problem. they installed pretty easy and the alignment shop was able to do a proper alignment with them. only complaint is that they were a tad noisy over big bumps in the road, but only on occasion.

i ordered the same plates for my recently bough 00 GT from a company on ebay - BILLETDEPOT. good feedback, reputible company from what i can see. the plates in the auction are listed as brand new. i get them today and they are thrown in a box wrapped in newspaper. thats not brand new. brand new is in original packaging. this isnt a huge deal although it annoys me because it wasnt stated in the auction. what does concern me are the plates and hardware. maybe the ones i got for my 95 4 years ago were just the same but a few things caught my attention ( i do know for a fact that i ordered steel upr 'shark' cc plates for both the 95 and the car i have now ) :

-the bolts have two spot welds on the head, not welding all the way around. is this the way it is suppose to be?

-there is no markings of upr anywhere on anything. normal?

-the installation instructions included is right from upr's website but it calls for a bearing retainer cap. i dont have that. is this a factory piece i reuse?

do i have real upr plates or knockoff's?

heres the installation instructions: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst...stang-94-Caster-Camber-Plate-Installation.pdf

heres the plates directly from uprs website: 94-04 Mustang Steel Shark Caster Camber Plates

heres the auction and company i bought these from ( if stangnet will let me post a ebay link ): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110458247858 ($109.91 shipped)

pics below-

like i said, supposedly these are the same plates i had my 95 and i liked them fine. do these look correct? safe?

1202092034.jpg

1202092036.jpg

1202092038.jpg

1202092037a.jpg

1202092037.jpg

1202092036a.jpg

• Sponsors (?)