UPR shifter handle broke in half?

• Sponsors (?)

It's no inconvenience at all. I apologize for coming off as snippy. I only pointed it out because I think it was you on facebook who said "at first I thought this was gonna get ugly, but then you guys came through with the warranty." I assumed you said that because I started off my facebook response by saying, "I've run 6.47 with the UPR shifter and ... blah blah blah..." I only pointed that out, because I've been doing this job for a long time and I knew your post would draw out ridiculous comments like this one below:

Good one. Does this look like a Walmart car?

View attachment 129742

Oh, and I did not say that. That was Billy Hall that said that, and he said it because he was impressed with the service. Go back and re read it.

I doubt you can break a steeda, we used to hang off of them with a 5 foot cheater bar to test them when I worked there. They are forged as well.

stole this from corral since it just popped up
muscleatsrice;11375617 said:
Pro 5.0 shifter, with a tri-ax handle here on top of the TKO. RIP to the try-ax handle, it snapped off today right where the threads end for the shift knob lol. Never using one of those again, although I did like the positioning.

stole this from corral since it just popped up

It's common knowledge that the Tri-Axe handle is not for gear jammin' drag race monkeys. The Tri-Axe is probably one of the smoothest shifters out there (for the T-5 at least) but the aluminum handle is definitely the weakest link.

I can't imagine why the tool-bag in the quote above would use a Pro 5.0 lower with a Tri-Axe handle. He's effectively selected the worse two pieces of two great products and put them together. :rolleyes: