UPR white face gauge install

Hey guys i took my whole gauge apart... now i need to know how to connect the red(12v) wire and the black wire... it says i need to connect the black wire to a good ground... where do i connect the red and the black.. where do i find a good ground... i know that u need to splice the wires... how do i do this??? please help me, ived had these gauges for about 3 weeks now... i want to install them... but i need help..

• Sponsors (?)

alrighty..i just did that instal myself, its not hard at all...look in your owners manual...find the fuse for either your left or right low beam headlight, run the red wire behind all the dash, hide it good...then run it under the dash into the fuse box...take out the fuse for whatever headlight you chose ( either one is fine) then strip the wire about 1/2 inch ( the red wire from the gauges), wrap it snug around one of the prongs on the fuse, and push it back into its place in the fuse box...this will allow it so when you turn your headlights on, and your instrument cluster lights up, so will your gauges...you may also simply put it to the fuse for your instrument cluster itself..they both will work the same..now as far as the ground goes...pull the carpet back from the floor board...and really what i do is search for a good nut or bolt that is somewhere and lossen it and again strip that wire bout 1/2 inch and stick it under the nut/bolt and tighten it...anything that you can connect the wire to that is solid medal as well as you can secure attach the wire to will work...a ghetto way for a good ground, is take the panel off that is under your steering wheel ( the part your knees would hit) i forget what thats called...after taking it off theres a big medal sheild...you can electrical tape the wire onto it, just lay it against it and tape it to it...its ghetto, but it does work if you cant find a good ground, just remember every now and again that wire MAY come off and youd have to re-tape it..its not exactly very professional, but it does work....now my suggestions might not be the "right" way to do it, but its how i have mine set up, all the wires are hidden as well as i havent yet had a problem with the fuse blowing or the gauges not working...good luck!