UPS just dropped off my new TURBOS! ***PICS***

• Sponsors (?)

I was just poking fun at ya! I can understand why you would want a little more power. I'm getting tired of seeing all the C6 zo6's beating up on seemingly everything in sight. Why make your car as fast as one when you can make it smoke one, eh? ;) I once thought 400rwhp was the so-called limit on the stock shortblock. But over the past year I've learned that's not always the case. Having a well tuned, breathing, cammed 2V making 450rwhp on only 8 lbs of boost can actually be safer than a 2V making 400 on 11lbs. Oh yeah, DD FTW!

^ I know :D I said all that so everyone else would know my motives and not think im trying to pop her LOL.

And yes thats why i always liked your setup as well....high powered 2V and you drove the thing! And sounds like its going to stay that way...so that totally rocks IMO!
Sets you WAY WAY out from the croud, and thats the stuff I really like. Especially when I read the "20+PSI" part :) Im extremely happy for you, just cant wait to see the #s. Definatly representing the 2V guys, and showing you dont have to have a 4V (or an LS1-7 :lol:) to make big powa!

For instance, it really made me sad when Jim turned his car into a race car...a 9 second street legal, daily driven 2V was just flat out amazing and unheard of. But thats history....so now its your turn to carry the torch Gary! :D

Definatly representing the 2V guys, and showing you dont have to have a 4V (or an LS1-7 :lol:) to make big powa!

Exactly. I had ppl raise their eyebrows when I said I was going to get a built 2V. Some asked why not do a 4V swap with a KB 2.8 instead? I figured what's the point of spending even more $$ for that I can get Tim to build my KB 2Vs to make as much, if not more, power than KB 4Vs. I also love how I'm pretty much the only one in town with a fast 2V. Most gave up on theirs and jumped the terminator or LS1/2 bandwagon. . Ppl see my car and it's setup and has that "WTF!?" look on their face. There are many GTs but to me, mine is #1 of 1.

As far as me being *ahem* Jim Fitz's "successor", that's a tall order to follow lol. I'll never run as fast as him at the track. But I don't plan on making this car a dyno queen either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea no crap and I agree. I wont ever see it either as far as I can tell...you REALLY have to have the whole car setup to launch off the line, and thats not hapenning to mine, I want it to handle decently now days. Heck I have all this "power" stuff and my rear suspension is 100% stock LOL...I just dont like spending money if I cant feel more power, or if it doesnt help my trap speed. Trap speed is more important than ET to me.
Like I said, ultamately I want to rape supras...but you will never get one to line up with you from a stop, so you have to beat them at their own game :nice:

^pops getting the 57 trims :nice: . Im not sure how those setup work. If I didnt it with one on one side and the other on the opposite side, my engine would be nearly impossable to tune, due to very different back pressures. Im pretty sure what the porsche setup does is divert ALL of the exhaust gas to one small turbo and then starts diverting soome of the exhaust to the larger unit once the smaller one spools and eventually fully divirts the exhaust when it gets full spool.

That would be a pain to even attemp LOL...would need computer controled actuators and a ton of room to make basically 2 single turbo setups. I dont know how Porsche does it with that small engine bay :D