UPS man brought something today!!!!!!!!

MyBloodRunsBlue

Feb 1, 2007
well let me lay the spill b4 i show the pictures. ok i just recently got a vortech v2-sq with aftercooler. what type of spark plugs should i run and what type of oil should i use? i heard i shouldn't use synthetic oil and i have been using Royal Purple 10w-30. what type of oil should i use now when we install the blower? also what spark plugs? we should be installing it this weekend as long as the battery relocation kit comes in friday.

OK HERE ARE THE PICTURES

View attachment 346823
haha fooled ya

blower003.jpg

the SNAIL

blower002.jpg

the aftercooler and other parts

blower001.jpg

everything together. in this pile is the entire supercharger kit, carbon fiber autometer water temp. and boost gauges, Apillar 3 gauge pod, 90mm MAF, and lc-1 with g3 gauge wideband kit!!!!

NOPI050.jpg

and the BEAST it's going on!!!!!

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT!!!

Attachments

• blower002.jpg
    blower002.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 96
  • blower001.jpg
    blower001.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 94
  • NOPI050.jpg
    NOPI050.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Sponsors (?)

i use motorcraft oil 5-20. just dont use synthetic. i've heard its not good for the seals in the blower

Ya because the cars the cars that HAVE to run FULL synthetic have sooo many problems with blown seals right? aka corvettes camaros 350zs and lexus. :bs: . Again the manual states "use a high rated SF oil or a quality synthetic". read the install manual for the last time.

Ya because the cars the cars that HAVE to run FULL synthetic have sooo many problems with blown seals right? aka corvettes camaros 350zs and lexus. :bs: . Again the manual states "use a high rated SF oil or a quality synthetic". read the install manual for the last time.

Damn man, way to jump down his throat...:nonono:

Motorcraft is a synthetic blend, and is reccomended for our engines specifically.

He is reffereing to synthetics for being bad for the seals in the blower, not the engine itself...:notnice:

BENNY is that castrol GTX 5w30 non synthetic??

Yes. GTX is non-synthetic. A friend of mine who was an oil/synthetic manufacturing engineer for 20+yrs reccomended Castrol GTX as one of the highest quality non-synthetic oils for me. Works great for me, doesn't burn any, and I get very little blow by - about 1 table spoon every month or month and a half in my separator when I had busted PCV, now with no PCV I get none. Driverside breather is always dry and I never get white or blue some under boost; the blower seals are in pretty good condition also with possibly a mild seep on the intake site (not uncommon) and nothing at all on the outlet side.

Also I'm pushing 11psi on a stock block :)