urgent bearing replacement

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
I just got a 95 5 spd v6 from a dealer. they must have put something in the oil to keep it quiet because after i was almost home it started making a knock from the lower end. i am pretty sure it has a slung bearing and now it is louder and i want to fix it fast.is there enough room under the car so that i can lift the motor, drop the pan and do an in car bearing change. i don't wanna drive it much so that i don't mess up the crank if it has not already happened. i wanna do it maybe on a weekend. can i do this without take the motor out.

• Sponsors (?)

If you just bought it, why don't you take it back and tell them they need to fix it. There are lemon laws, and depending on what the condition of the car was stated as being - other than "as is" - they need to take care of that free of charge as it most definately is a mechanical problem that effects the operation of the car.

If the car was sold "as is" condition, you're SOL.
If the car was sold as poor or bad condition, you're SOL.
If the car was sold as good, or excellent, you're NOT SOL.

Check your state's used car laws and the dealer's warranty, I'm sure you'll see that you are covered. If they won't fix it, and it is less than 90 days since you bought it, tell them you don't want it anymore and get your money back! That'll probably motivate them to fix it for free.

no actually i got it yesterday but i found out it is piston slap. my stepdad works at the dealer and he paid for half. he drove it and he said it ran and sounded solid so i don't think he would pay half for it if it was making that noise. but he told me if it had a prob. then call and i did. he told my to find out how much it will cost for the one piston and rings and gaskets and to see if i can get our family mech to help with the repair. he will pay for it he said.the car was a 3000 dollar car and everything is really nice. it has headers true duals out the back nice chrome wheels and a 500 dollar cd player and looks brand new.

dastang2 said:
no actually i got it yesterday but i found out it is piston slap. my stepdad works at the dealer and he paid for half. he drove it and he said it ran and sounded solid so i don't think he would pay half for it if it was making that noise. but he told me if it had a prob. then call and i did. he told my to find out how much it will cost for the one piston and rings and gaskets and to see if i can get our family mech to help with the repair. he will pay for it he said.the car was a 3000 dollar car and everything is really nice. it has headers true duals out the back nice chrome wheels and a 500 dollar cd player and looks brand new.
be careful telling people on here that anyone else paid for any portion of your car. people will give you shyt for it.

i didn't say all people. heck, i'm not gonna give him crap for it. my dad bought my first car. now granted, it was a rusty 1988 chevy pickup in 1993 with 198,000 miles on it. but he bought the car and paid for all of the maintenance. I just know that people have been given a lot of crap on here for thier parents buying them cars. just tryin' to help out the new guy.