use BP gas for performace?

i was filling up my stang this morning, ironicly at a BP gas station, when this cought my eye on my gas cap. Don't understand after owning my 07 for 6 months now how i've missed that, probably to busy drooling over the rest of it yet. Anyways how much you think ford got per car to put that on there? I'm pretty impartial when it comes to brands of gas, but does anybody think there is some truth to it?

later,
matt:cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

lol, the gas i use is the first on the list...QuikTrip! but, yeah U.M. ford started putting "Ford recommends BP gasoline" on the gas caps in 06, IIRC. your sons 05 would not have it.

All the Arco stations say "Part of BP" around here. I try to run 76 and Chevron as much as I can. Costco gas is tempting though. I notice a slight mileage increase when I have a tank of the good stuff in.

I'm not partial to one brand over another... they all have ran the same for me. Ireally do wonder how much BP is shelling out for this little ad though.

It's not like it really matters, the vast majority of the gas out there all comes from the same plant, only difference being what each brand uses as additives. I think if one were significantly, or even mildly statistically different from another, car guys around the country would know about it.

is there a definitive thread somewhere here that goes over which gas is better for what? ive always wondered that. I always get 91 octane (dont think ive seen 93 before) from chevron, shell, or 76. Mobil has kinda exited the race for me. i avoid Arco at all costs.