Users of the Center Gauge Vent Mount 2/58 please ENTER!!

1SickFox

Jun 10, 2008
I want to talk with some people who have used/installed the dual 2 5/8 center gauge mount that replaces the factory center vents. Which brand is the best? I believe like Saleen and Autometer make one. Any other companies? How are they to install? Do they fit nice/install nice? Some look like they aren't held very well in there. I was looking at the Autometer piece myself. I would just like some imput on them before i go ahead and purchase one! Thanks alot!:nice:

Here is the one i was looking at!

87-93 GAUGE CAGE, DUAL 2 5/8 - VENT MOUNTED MISCFORD

• Sponsors (?)

See your other thread regarding white faced guages. Mine has the vent mounts too. I'm not sure which brand, but they seem to have a real nice fit. I think its the autometer one tho. :shrug:

I have the Autometer. Fit is pretty good but the plate is flat, so it doesn't conform to the curves of the dash.

supergauges.jpg

The fox Saleens used a piece similar to the Autometer, but it was curved to fit the dash better.

Chicane Tuning has the real Saleen piece. Chicane/Saleen Race Gauge Panel - Product Details

Good information guys! How exactly are the center vents removed?! Do they just pop out?! Or is there cutting involved? THen how is the gauge mount installed?! Is this a reversable install incase i got back to the vents?! You don't have to permitely modify the dash to install the gauge mount do yah?!

I have the autometer triple gauge cage. It's a great product and well made and comes with easy to use instructions. They take you step by step on removing the stock vents and installing the cage. the vents come out very easy and I put mine in a box in case I ever want to put them back, I don't have a/c anymore and the car isn't a daily so I don't miss the center vents. The whole install takes no time(not including the gauges :D). I have been in a couple of cars with dual gauge/vent cage and the vents do work, just not has good as stock obviously.

ry%3D400

Good information guys! How exactly are the center vents removed?! Do they just pop out?! Or is there cutting involved? THen how is the gauge mount installed?! Is this a reversable install incase i got back to the vents?! You don't have to permitely modify the dash to install the gauge mount do yah?!

Autometer has instructions you can download for the Gauge Cage if you want to know what you'll be getting into before you buy.

Thanks for the information guys! :nice: I believe i'll be going with the Saleen piece because it more "curved" with the dash. But i'm going to call Chicane and ask them about that before i purchase it. Thanks!!:D