Using Up Spare Parts

Jan 2, 2010
i have a 93 GT , and i want to fit the 88 5 spd GT tilt steering collumn and cluster. i didnt know for sure if the collumn would fit as it looks diferent where it mounts up at the upper end and the cluster wiring looks diiferent also.(manual /auto) i cant seem to find a wiring diagram form the 88 model cluster connetors, but they do look different, and maybe the wires are able to be repinned, i dont want to keep it if i cant use it, it is a ford motorsports 160 speedo. i dont care if the air bag is of no use, cause i want to go with the 88 steering wheel. the cluster looks like it will fit in the dash, except the 88 cluster is straight, and the 93 is kinda rounded for the airbag. any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

the collums will interchange with a little grinding using a die grinder. the manual collumn has to be completely disassmbled and the aluminum housing removed from the collumn. the grinding is necesary to expose the shift lock detent. just use your automatics housing for a pattern. you must also tranfer the upper steering collum mount to the standards collumn as there is no privision to hold the shift lock solenoid to the manual collum. quite an easy job all in all, just time consuming.

I put a tilt column in my 93, I scored a complete tilt set up from the local yard for 60 bucks. I also got a nice SVO wheel to complete the look.

No grinding for me it just bolted right in.
88 wheel
026e0c9f.jpg

SVO wheel
SAM_0383.jpg

You will need to remove or disable the air bag failure alarm, it is terribly annoying and loud!