V-6 to V-8 Swap

Dirty_D

Mar 13, 2007
Make a long story short, I sold my GT a few weeks ago because it just sat in my garage and I did not drive it. Well now that its gone I got a sudden itch for a new project. I have a 2000 v-6 coupe that I have been thinking about swapping to a v-8. I know it can be a pain so I am looking for the best possible swap. Would I be better to buy a totaled car and swap everything over? What year swap would make it the easiest? Any input would help. I would like to make one hell of a sleeper.

• Sponsors (?)

Swap whatever you want. A GT or Cobra swap from a wrecked car would be the easiest for you. I've been looking at NA cobra drivetrains as well as random engines like RB25s from the Nissan Skyline. I'm also looking for a never-wrecked V6 coupe to go crazy with.

MPS Auto Salvage is a great place to get parts cars from, but they are expensive unless you know people there. :nice:

Seems like a waste of time. Just sell it and buy a GT, rather than waste time and money trying to convert the v6. Better still buy a 4v. These cars are cheap now, I think youre better off spending a little more and getting one that was decent from the factory rather than trying to polish a turd.