V-8 Radiator

CobraDuce

Dec 27, 2003
RedNeck, Pa
I'm doing a 351w engine swap into a 171 cobra II and I've been having trouble finding the v-8 radiator and hoses that I need I was wondering if there were any substitutes available, I've seen steel hoses available but they seem very pricey and I'm really not sure how long I need them. But my main concern is the radiator.

Thanks for any input,

Rob D.

• Sponsors (?)

Radiator

Well if you want to go brand new I'm sure there is a lot of companies that make them. One guy already named a company off. There is a place about 5 min down the road from me that makes radiators. It is called Modine. It is a very big manufacturer of cooling products. If you look in a Mustangs Unlimited catalog you will see the name Modine in there for radiators. A brand new radiator from them is very pricey. It is about $400 for the 3 core direct replacement radiator you need. Personally that is a rip off. I'd rather get a used one and clean it up a lil. I got mine from CT MUSTANG II. 203-377-4795. I paid $195 for a direct replacement 3 core radiator in exellent condition from them.

Good Luck on your hunt.

Dan

MODINE makes a 3 row 1/2" tube radiator for the II (rad. cap in the upper tank) but it's fairly spendy. It is a drop-in install (factory fit) I have one but it's replacing the tired 4-row that doesn't seem to be cuttin the fat.

If you can't find an upper hose for your car, toss out the 90* T-stat housing and get a later 60's- early 70's 45* T-stat housing and use a radiator hose for a 60's mustang /fairlane/cougar. That's what I use on my II, allows the use of the 45* chrome o-ring T-stat housing and I use an upper hose for a 66-67 289 Fairlane/Mustang.

The lower hose should be easy for ya. If not try one for a 67-70 Mustang, should be basically the same.

:nice:

CobraDuce said:
got beat in the last 6 seconds by a buck. Oh well what are you gona do?

Thanks for all of your help everyone,

Rob Davidson

OOPS!! Sorry Rob, I didnt think it was anyone around here.

It took 4 months of searches, and that was the only one that I saw. Like I said, go to www.carradiator.com and a new one was only 20 bux more than the total there. They include shipping too, I think.