V3 Almost!

Ya,the tuner said to get the mls gasket the last time i saw him?....im not sure what to do?,i know for sure im putting the 6psi pulley on now though,i just want to make it work,and like i said before i dont want to be greedy,just want to make it safe

i havnt checked the timing cover?,by the pics it "seems" like i found my prob?......man do you think i should pull everything off and check?....now your giving me doubts?...lol

No, I do not. I didn't see the head gasket until later. I think you have it figured out. Put it on the list if you have to tear back into it.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Unless you get the block and head PERFECTLY straight and they are prepped for them., don't get MLS gaskets. I've run 9333pt1's on every mustang I;ve owned for 25 years and they are fine.. They have a better fire ring than the 1011's and IMO you want the head gasket to be the fuse in the system.

Check the block and heads for straightness while eveything apart and get the surfaces squeaky clean using razor blades, green scotchbrites. I don;t like whiz wheels on aluminum. Make sure you put the HG on so both front go to the front and look up- one will look wierd but it does go that way.
this is what he is saying to run?....cometic,4.030 bore,.050 thickness,said anything between .048-.052......i checked and didnt see felpro with those numbers?....anything compatable that you guys know of from felpro or someone else?

you will be fine. They are 4.10 and you are 4.030. The compressed thickness of the 9333 is .47.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-9333PT1/
ok....well im at a toss up?....with your info and from what i read on the net,the 9333s hold up well with boost,this tuner told me to go with the cometics?!.....i like the fusable link idea also if things dont go well,but i dont want him to blame the head gaskets and say i told you so!?

as you can tell im nervous now!
Listen I wouldn't do the cometic deal . 1 if the block and heads aren't prepped right for the gaskets you'll have issues . 2 like you said the fusible link . Felpro makes and MLS gasket as well I have them on my car
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440911551.370119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
Listen I wouldn't do the cometic deal . 1 if the block and heads aren't prepped right for the gaskets you'll have issues . 2 like you said the fusible link . Felpro makes and MLS gasket as well I have them on my car
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440911551.370119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
ok brotha....9333s it is and i know their in stock,i trust you guys more than these tuners...lol

ok brotha....9333s it is and i know their in stock,i trust you guys more than these tuners...lol

Trust us man. We've been there many times. You are doing this rebuild not your tuner. The cometic gaskets need a certain RA vs. a non cometic gasket. The 9333pt1's will be fine. This is the same tuner that **** up your tune which caused the HG to blow and now is telling you to put on cometic gaskets, but is not helping you out. I wouldn't put much into what he says.

I cannot stress enough to get all the surfaces surgical clean and dry.

Do not lay into the boost until you have a good tune in place-from a different tuner.

Trust us man. We've been there many times. You are doing this rebuild not your tuner. The cometic gaskets need a certain RA vs. a non cometic gasket. The 9333pt1's will be fine. This is the same tuner that **** up your tune which caused the HG to blow and now is telling you to put on cometic gaskets, but is not helping you out. I wouldn't put much into what he says.

Do not lay into the boost until you have a good tune in place-from a different tuner.
im talking with another tuner now and he recomended the cometics also,but im using the 9333s
I only read to certain point and skimmed the rest. This response may no longer be relevant (I'm on page 16 moving forward).

Have you removed and looked at the timing cover for cracks etc?

--also--

Aftermarket heads leave a gap between it and the block right at the corners of where the cork gasket should be sitting if you used one. That gap has to be filled from behind/underneath the lip of the deck and bottom of the head.
im not using cork gasket just a bead of the right stuff?....do i still need to seal it?.....not sure exactly what you mean?

im talking to another tuner now,he also recomended the cometics,but im using the 9333s....i wish it was the other way around but like i said,i trust you guys more than these tuners!...

im putting thread sealer on all the lower studs,i have arp studs,do the top nuts go on dry?

lower bolts get thread sealer on the threads. Upper bolts get assembly or moly lube on the threads that you attach the nuts to.. All bolts get assembly/moly lube under the washers and nut heads. You thread the bolts in hand tight and then snug them in.

Reactions: 1 users