V3 Almost!

• Sponsors (?)

As thermally stable as iron is, the stock 302 block is pretty thin, and most newer aftermarket heads are pretty thick. Would not surprise me at all if the block went before the heads, you're at the level now anyway where the valley is a ticking grand canyon.
You guys are scaring me?....what do you mean??.....tuner is coming tomorrow,I sent him pic and he said same thing,the fire ring held?... there's something going on!,prob warpage.....f###############k!

Last edited:
If it does happen to be warpage.... and the block must either be machined or replaced. now may be the time to bite the bullet and get a aftermarket block. OR 351 and reuse anything and everything you can.

I know it's not what you want to hear but the stock block is near the limit with what you are making now. Bigger injectors and a few more psi and it kablewy.

If it does happen to be warpage.... and the block must either be machined or replaced. now may be the time to bite the bullet and get a aftermarket block. OR 351 and reuse anything and everything you can.

I know it's not what you want to hear but the stock block is near the limit with what you are making now. Bigger injectors and a few more psi and it kablewy.
Oh God!....I'll find out tomorrow.....if I have to pull the motor crate motor here I come...

I did a quick check tday,i dont have the machinest straight edge but i used a ruler from a angle square,and a machined metal bottom level.

Kinda hard to tell,i just touched it with my fingure to hold it there and in the suspect spots with a little force i can maybe push .0025 through,if i just let it sit there i can push .003 through,thats length wise...across theres a .003 woble over most of the piston areas?...the fire ring made an indentation that you can feel with your fingure in the head?...,so if thats warpedge then its warped?
Kinda cave man expanation but i did my best...lol...was going to wait to get the proper straight edge but i think ill just get a min deck?.....heres a pic of the heads...i do also notice that they are both pitted?

The one at the bottom is the one that leaked.....also, i did i length and vertical test on the block,i had no room for diagnal,ill have to take my sc off to go end to end but i wasnt able to fit anything under the straight edge...????

Last edited:
Oh,and tuner came by my shop tday,he said that the fire ring held fine,and that it might be warped head or block,and to tighten the head bolts from what it was torqued too,70-80 to 80 and 90,and to check my torque wrench?

Thoughts guys??

Last edited:
if the head or deck is warped, it doesn't matter how much you overtorque the bolts. All you will will do is end up compressing the HG more and warping the head- aluminum warps easier than a stock iron head.

As you didnt have a true straight edge I can't say for sure, but .if you can feel the indentation and there is at least .003 of gap, that isn't good bro

if the head or deck is warped, it doesn't matter how much you overtorque the bolts. All you will will do is end up compressing the HG more and warping the head- aluminum warps easier than a stock iron head.

As you didnt have a true straight edge I can't say for sure, but .if you can feel the indentation and there is at least .003 of gap, that isn't good bro
Ok i understand that....so assuming my block is good?....by bad you mean re deck heads?

Well im sure i found my problem...i guess those indents are causing the fire ring not to hold?!....has to be decked for sure,but what will that do to my compression!!??

New heads??!!!!
What cc combustion chamber is on the car now ? Maybe now could be a good time to change the head as in just the same head with a bigger combustion chamber .

Have yours gone through and sell to offset the cost just to bring the compression down a bit .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Seriously?? All that cost to just lower the CR? Would it not be more cost effective to just pull a few degrees of timing or lower the psi, your running meth right? The cooling effect will stave off detonation very well.
Just my .02

What cc combustion chamber is on the car now ? Maybe now could be a good time to change the head as in just the same head with a bigger combustion chamber .

Have yours gone through and sell to offset the cost just to bring the compression down a bit .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
They are 58cc.I was thinking the same thing....but $$$$......!!!

Is that normal wear from having 2 head gaskets in,or was there an issue is what I'm wondering??

Seriously?? All that cost to just lower the CR? Would it not be more cost effective to just pull a few degrees of timing or lower the psi, your running meth right? The cooling effect will stave off detonation very well.
Just my .02
Another option I discussed with the tuner....waiting for his email as we speak