v6 2005 - Don't Laugh

falchulk said:
What year firebird was that?

1983. It was the 305 with the 4bbl carb. The rated HP was about 145. The last year for a carb, I think, too. The next year GM changed to FI and the HP bounced up a bit. :scratch:

The TransAm, that year, came with the 2bbl carb as standard and the 4 bbl carb as the optional upgrade.

I had the WS6 package too. 15" wheels (wow!) and 65 series tires. :D

• Sponsors (?)

JnJ said:
Having a V6 stang is like having a girl that wont put out. Might look good, but it don't perform.
An '05 V6 that will most likely run a low 15/high 14 second quarter with a 0-60 time of about 7.0 seconds or better. RWD with a 50/50 weight distribution,optional 5-speed auto,incredible styling,unique all-american heritage....all for under 20K.....yeah,sounds like a real dog :rolleyes:
A base V6 car that offers similar stock performance of a V8 mustang of just 10 years ago isn't good enough for some of you people?? You don't have to buy a V6 but you should respect it as a mustang. it doesn't do the mustang hobby any good to put down lower powered models,it is a mustang after all,it is in keeping with the original concept of a mustang for everyone,from grocery-getter to racer.Someone who couldn't afford a GT could just as easily buy an import or some other soul-less coupe like a stratus or monte carlo,anyone should be encouraged to buy any mustang,V6 or V8,instead of getting crap because all they want or can afford is a base model.

robray89lx said:
The way I look at it is, if I want a V6 I'll buy a honda accord. To me a Mustang without a V8 just ain't right. I know the V6 keeps sales of the Mustang strong, but I still wouldn't buy one. :bang:

So if the Accord had a 260HP-300HP V8 you would buy that over the Mustang too then?

I'd still go with the V6 Stang (after an 18" wheel upgrade)

RWD = :hail2::flag:
FWD = :nonono::notnice:

Solid HoRNZ said:
Ya but the V6 Accord would eat your V6 stang. And V8 for japs doesn't exist. I don't even think the Accord chassis would be able to hold a V8 300 hp engine. Anyways, I say it again, V6 :notnice: .

The V6 stang with a Cold Air induction and a chip or gears would have no problem beating a new Accord, Remember the Stang maybe down in HP, but it is up by about the same amount in torque stock.

The the Japanese make V8 cars, look at a Lexus or infinity. As far as an Accord with a V8, some one had one with a Chevy 350 in it for sale on ebay, but just b/c it fits and the cars runs with the V8 doesn't mean the chassis is built to handle it.

Solid HoRNZ said:
Ya but the V6 Accord would eat your V6 stang. And V8 for japs doesn't exist. I don't even think the Accord chassis would be able to hold a V8 300 hp engine. Anyways, I say it again, V6 :notnice: .
Yeah,and a new corolla will outperform a porsche 356....but which would you rather have? Any performance gap a more expensive V6 accord has over the V6 mustang would be barely worth buying one over the other. Two completely different cars in feel and purpose,but if you want to buy the automotive equivalent of a household appliance over a american icon because it can get to 60 .2 seconds faster,go right ahead :rolleyes:
By the way,what in the world is a '70 boss 351 vert???????????

We are goign to have to get away from the HP and numbers games soon. That v6 accords being made over and the new one will be a 300hp v6. The numbers dont matter. Its the car and the way it makes you feel.

oliverqueen said:
An '05 V6 that will most likely run a low 15/high 14 second quarter with a 0-60 time of about 7.0 seconds or better. RWD with a 50/50 weight distribution,optional 5-speed auto,incredible styling,unique all-american heritage....all for under 20K.....yeah,sounds like a real dog :rolleyes:
A base V6 car that offers similar stock performance of a V8 mustang of just 10 years ago isn't good enough for some of you people?? You don't have to buy a V6 but you should respect it as a mustang. it doesn't do the mustang hobby any good to put down lower powered models,it is a mustang after all,it is in keeping with the original concept of a mustang for everyone,from grocery-getter to racer.Someone who couldn't afford a GT could just as easily buy an import or some other soul-less coupe like a stratus or monte carlo,anyone should be encouraged to buy any mustang,V6 or V8,instead of getting crap because all they want or can afford is a base model.
:cheers: Very true.

DarkHorse01 said:
why buy a v6 and try in mod that up when it will cost the same as getting a v8 which is way better.... Ya know. In the long run, you spend more money

there are several reason to do it. One would be the lower cost getting into the car. Sure it may be only $5-6K. But that goes a pretty long way int the aftermarket. The other reason is to be different. If you look at how many people take on the challenge of modifying the V6. It is far smaller than the amount of people who mod a V8. Mind you I'm not saying I would do it. But you have to remember that the V6 is a cheap entry level stang. And can me made pretty fast.