v6 dual exhuast advice

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by mustangmtc85, Apr 26, 2006.

1. mustangmtc85

mustangmtc85 New Member

what do you mean by glass packs:shrug:
  2. Adverse2Change

Adverse2Change New Member

3. 97sally6

97sally6 New Member

its basically a straight through muffler lined with pieces of fiberglass that make it extremely loud, and the longer you have them the louder they get, becasue the pieces break off.. only sounds good on trucks or big v8's
  4. TMX

TMX New Member

Magnapacks are a variation of Glasspacks, it's just they change something (possibly the width of the tube inside, I dunno) which causes the sound waves to bounce off and around, muffling the sound and creating a deep low tone, yet still being loud and aggressive.
  5. 97sally6

97sally6 New Member

i didnt know that.. hows it sound on a v6
  6. mustangmtc85

mustangmtc85 New Member

yea does anyone know how the magnapacks or glass packs would sound on a v6 , better than flow's original 40 series? A tech guy at flowmaster told me the super 40's sound better than the original 40 series, is this true as well?
  7. 67cougerrr

67cougerrr Banned

put in a v8.. then you might like the sound retard
  8. GTA_V6_Mustang

GTA_V6_Mustang Active Member

^- This guy is an ass, I have been reading most of the things he posts in V6 forums and hes just a ****ing ass. Guess he must hate V6's so much since his good for nothing big block was most likely beat by one (he used his whole tank of gas before reaching the end of the 1/4 mile).:flag:
  9. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Banned

He doesn't seem to like mustangs in general. Why post here and say
    the things you did? Why? :nonono:
  10. Adverse2Change

Adverse2Change New Member

"Banned" :Zip2:
  11. 02ponypackage

02ponypackage New Member

I dont get this whole losing pressure non-sense...I have a 2002 Mustang V6 with a offroad X-Pipe with 2.5 inch piping and a GT Cat-back for now...and theres def. a lot better acceleration...and this was before my MAC cold air intake...and I just installed a Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter so I wouldn't know how that would feel with stock exhaust but its a good shifter as well...but like i said I can feel the car going better then stock...but unless u can dyno with and with cats on the Xpipe i guess u cant tell if your losing power...but for those who say its not better then stock that ive seen post they're wrong
  12. TMX

TMX New Member

Well, the idea of good backpressure applies to a certain range of RPM, or well exhaust flows to be specific. Exhaust is a high pressure gas, so when it is released it creates a pressure wave. The theory is you want that wave to move at a specific speed so that the trough of this pressure wave, or the lowest pressure possible, is where the exhaust valve is located. Because a high pressure tries to equalize out low pressure, the high pressure exhaust that is now exitted is thus pulled towards the lower pressure, so instead of the piston having to push the exhaust out, the forces of nature do it for the engine, thus putting more power to the ground. It's actually a highly provable theory, just none of us people with V6's have enough money to sit there to gain flow charts of each car. Now once you start making more exhaust (increased air and increased fuel in each cylinder making more hp), then you need a bigger exhaust pipe to keep that range of effective "Scavenger Effect" inside the "Power Band" which is somewhere between 3200 and redline (5500) for our cars.

Now for why you feel some effect with 2.5" is because it flows well and the piston does less work when it does have to push it out, but the effective scavenger effect occurs much higher so in certain ranges, each size will have it's benifits.
  13. Give Me TP

Give Me TP New Member

^^^^^ Attention Whore