V6 forums are dead

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by OxMox, Jun 2, 2005.

1. OxMox

OxMox turkeysammichesonhisface

Whats up with this place? It seems like the V6 section is dead, nobody is ever on here, what's the deal? :shrug:
  2. Ernad

Ernad celibate sans pants

3. OxMox

Haha my white ass, this sucks. There is never anybody on here, i'm stuck reading all the posts by the V8 people, then somebody says "I got 390 RWHP" then I get depressed, this sucks. :nonono:
  4. Ernad

Ernad celibate sans pants

Bwahahahahaha :rlaugh:

V6Power has more posters :shrug:
  5. OxMox

Then I would have to change forums and that is to much like work. Seriously thought, it's not funny. Where is every ones V6 pride? ...I gotta get a V8.
  6. '66 coupe

'66 coupe Founding Member

Visit the classic forum. That's the only one where you might actually learn something.
  7. Stangfanatic98

Stangfanatic98 New Member

I think alot of people left because the posts are so childish and repetative now. ie:
    - Engine Swap
    - Which exhaust (I'll admit I do this too)
    - HOW MUCH??
    - v6's suck
    - I wish I could do this in the future..
    - "rice" this and that
    - I got X amount of $, what should I do for the most horsepower?
    - etc.

All of the real technical talk has virtually dissapeared. There's nothing much we can do unless we 'recruit' people or start some eye popping threads. I've been working on my 6 as well as my best friend's 73' grande..and boy that thing is a beast.
  8. OxMox

Agree! ...Eye poping thread ay!? How about tities on tuesday or assathon wednesday? tose would work. :shrug:

I'm gonna start doing threads for weekday of the week (Ie. moday, start of the week thread, etc.), that way people can just talk about whatever and BS for the whole day, and continue there conversations the next day if they want. Gotta do something... you know.
  9. OxMox

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Visit the classic forum. That's the only one where you might actually learn something.[/QUOTE]

Might have to. This is sad, poor poor V6s.
  10. ZeroCulture

ZeroCulture Founding Member

I use to frequent the 2.3 Forum ... you should see some of the random questions there. Man oh man, it really started to get annoying. No one reads Stickies anymore. And yah .. this forum is dead ... I actually find myself reading the 4cyl forum much more, as it is more interesting.

It's sad that this thread here is probably going to be the busiest for a while.
  11. '66 coupe

The brutal truth is that there's no point in doing anything to our cars. They were built to be daily drivers. That's what I use mine for, and it's a great car to have everyday. It's reliable, comfortable, and has enough power to show the ricers what they should've bought for the same $$$ that their crappy Civics cost.
    We used to have a long ass thread about how much $$$ people have put into their V6es. If you want to see how to waste money, do a search for that one. I've heard all the arguments supporting modding V6es, and to be honest, I've heard the same arguments come from Civic owners. "It's cool to beat a Stock V8 Mustang with less engine." Okay, but what happens when he gets the same mods?
    The only reasonable excuse is modding a V6 to avoid V8 insurance rates, for people my age(under 25). But I have NEVER seen anyone put a supercharger on their V6 before they got a set of rims. So I don't even believe that excuse anymore.

All my money goes into my '66. Putting money into a 4-year old V6 Mustang is just a horrible idea.
  12. Lsredy2kstang

Lsredy2kstang Look, I'm special, dammit

Well, I must say yes the forums are a little slow right now but it is getting to be summer!

Second check out Mustang Enthuisiast (August Issue) there is a v6 in there that is awesome!

I actually know the person (My car!) and he is proud of it!

Pushing nearly 300 rwhp now puts me up with modded GT's and 01 Cobras!
  13. Sage427

Sage427 New Member

I thought i'd run my mouth a bit. . . :D but yeah i've noticed it has died down some in here, i guess some people are either getting bored with thinking of new things to do with there stang or there selling there V6's :shrug: ! I can remember being dead set against Mustangs! I mean i would be out on the road and act redneck with any pony I thought wanted some! i'd see a mustang swerving so i'd imediately rush up beside it thinking oh he wants some, and come to find out it would only be a woman driver hehe (plz no offense to the females out here! ;) )!! Then time passed and I matured ALOT. I found myself looking at a V6 pony conv. why? b/c I couldn't find a better deal anywhere else, and it had everything I wanted at a great price that no other car could have offered at the time. yeah sure there are tons of pony's, cam's, firebirds on the road. However i promised myself, later on (hopefully sooner), that if i was going to drive a mustang I would have to do her justice :flag: :cheers: !! Save gas now, kick ass later! Thats why i'm gonna totally mod it all out so no other mustang out on the road will come close to what i'm gonna do while blending in american muscle heritage (though I have seen similar things done!)

So i'd like to start by naming off a few candidate choices i'm pondering on:

460 "Super Cobra Jet" - http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6587
    probably be the easiest considering all i would have to do is order it, being as it's complete and everything no part hunting! :D

429 Cobra Jet build up - providing i can find a "385 series" block and build it up pretty reasonable with aftermarket parts!! :nice:

429 BOSS - Super Rare to find, would love to have this one :hail2: , though the cost of semi-hemi heads for it is outrages :bang: !!!!

428 Cobra Jet - rare to find! :owned: (would like to have the Aluminum Shelby block though but is way out of my budget range :notnice: )

390-427 "FE series" block are also very rare to find, and difficult to find parts for a good build up :rolleyes:

427 Stroker (351) - Cool idea though it would be harsh on the block, and probably just as much money if not more to put in it for a decent build up :shrug:

i know i've done heard that i'm probably an idiot for doing all of this, but there won't be another Stallion like it (atleast where I live :) )

what are some ways you all wanted to make your stang "unique" ?? lets hear them
  14. '66 coupe

I get too attached to cars, and since I'll be driving my V6 everyday 'til it's practically worthless, I probably won't be trading it in on whatever replaces it for daily duty. So I started to think of what would happen to the '01 when it's V6 is on its last leg.
    I've always thought a True Blue Cobra R clone would be cool. The 5.4 would be a fun challenge. That or just drop a carbed 351W & T5 in it and keep the V6 wheels and badges, and make a sleeper :owned: drag car for the track. Of course this is all VERY far and distant future.

This is making me think. The '66 was my first car, and I will NEVER sell it. The '01 is my 2nd, and I'd hate to see it swap hands since probably no body would take as much care of it as I have. I wonder if I'll ever be able to let go of any car.
  15. FunkMasterFlex

FunkMasterFlex New Member

[QUOTE='66 coupe]The brutal truth is that there's no point in doing anything to our cars. They were built to be daily drivers. That's what I use mine for, and it's a great car to have everyday. It's reliable, comfortable, and has enough power to show the ricers what they should've bought for the same $$$ that their crappy Civics cost.
    We used to have a long ass thread about how much $$$ people have put into their V6es. If you want to see how to waste money, do a search for that one. I've heard all the arguments supporting modding V6es, and to be honest, I've heard the same arguments come from Civic owners. "It's cool to beat a Stock V8 Mustang with less engine." Okay, but what happens when he gets the same mods?
    The only reasonable excuse is modding a V6 to avoid V8 insurance rates, for people my age(under 25). But I have NEVER seen anyone put a supercharger on their V6 before they got a set of rims. So I don't even believe that excuse anymore.

All my money goes into my '66. Putting money into a 4-year old V6 Mustang is just a horrible idea.[/QUOTE]

it is pretty true. there are a few 6's out there that can take modded v8s but in all honesty the closer you get to that the less streetable and daily driver-able your v6 becomes. imo it doesnt matter what car i have im going to mod it, its just fun. i wish i had more things like lifts and tools available to me because im such a "lego kid" and while i would like to buy mods like an s/c or something more involved, id have a lot more fun (and itd be cheaper) installing it myself. i do plan on selling the 6 for a v8 when i have the money and insurance is less but with most car owners, especially mustang owners, there is just a need to mod. for me, sure id like my v6 to be a v8 killer or whatever but really the modding is just for fun and to make it more personalized and original. you could give me a geo metro and id be trying to mod it :flag:
  16. Rol224

Rol224 New Member

Myself, I come on a read whatevers posted but don't reply or post simply because theres nothing to be said.
  17. OxMox

:rlaugh: True
  18. zincyellow03

zincyellow03 New Member

I don't think they're dead, just slow for now. Do you want this board to be come like this? A topic in the 4.6 board I have to admit that it is pretty funny.
  19. OxMox

Wow! I'm surprised that this has gone on this long, more than 3 people actually replying to a thread. About modding cars... I love it! I can't bring my self to stop just because i'm a really hands on kinda guy (a lego kid also). My first car my mom bought me when I was 16, it was a 1997 GT, black, tan leather, 5spd, 45k miles, I loved that thing. I put a set of 18x9 Chrome Cobra R 2000 rims on it with a set of FRPP lowering springs and a dynamax catback exhaust. Those were my only mods to it and I did everything except for putting the tires on the rim. I sold it to my friend for 10,500$... kinda ripped him off, since I got it for 8,500$. No harm no foul, as they say. Then on my 18th birthday I went in with my mom and we both bought me, my 2001 V6 that I still have, and after almost 2 years of owning it, I put a conciderable amount of money into it for mods and such. I'll probly keep it for a little while longer, but then I don't know what i'll get as a daily driver/modder next.
  20. OxMox

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: No, I don't **** in the shower.