V6 forums are dead

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by OxMox, Jun 2, 2005.

1. fiveohwblow

fiveohwblow Official Member

MII owners remind me of liberals. Few with way too loud of voices and far too much ambition to speak their minds and share thier opinions..:D

2. RED98

RED98 Member

Liberalism is a mental disorder. (M. Savage) If you don't like liberals, don't come here to Oregon, where the two trendiest vehicles are toyota priuses and subaru outbacks.

3. fiveohwblow

I agree bro. I am sitting at my work here on Barbur Blvd in Portland.... I feel your pain. My stang stands out like a sore thumb here:nice:

4. RED98

RED98 Member

This place is now BEYOND dead.. does anyone even stop by here anymore??

5. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

I still lurk...

6. fiveohwblow

TTT of a very short list of threads...

7. '66 coupe

'66 coupe Founding Member

I pulled up next to a new edge V6 at a light yesterday. Anyways, I noticed that it had a HORRIBLE exhaust leak ticking from under the hood when they accelerated. I've noticed this on a lot of new edge V6es. Mine was getting there when it was totalled. I loved that car, but I'm glad it was hit. That exhaust ticking must be embarassing; and I love my 5.0.

My sister's been lucky so far, no ticking. But her '01 V6 only has 18k miles, so that might be why.

8. RED98

RED98 Member

I think they should put that 265HP 3.5 V6 in the next Mustang.. and maybe the GT can have a non-supercharged 5.4 V8 with 400HP. Or they can wait for the Camaro to come out and kick their butts in the HP wars again, it'll be the 90's all over again.

9. fiveohwblow

From what I have heard there is supposed to be a new 6.2L going in the trucks starting this year and will be in the 'stang in 2010.... :) v-6 cant be denied an equal improvement...

10. fobra559

fobra559 At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.

That ticking noise what probably an exhaust manifold leak. I had it replaced in my sixer last year.

11. RED98

RED98 Member

Oh I wish that would happen, but in my latest motor trend they have a sneak peek at the 2010 Mustang, and all they mention for the V8 engine is either a warmed-over (Bullitt) 4.6, for 315 HP, or MAYBE a modular 5.0. :bs: :mad: Well, Ford is consistent, if nothing else.. just like in the 90's, they have better engines ready and available, but do we get them in the Mustang?? NOOOOOOOO they stubbornly carry on with the hopelessly outgunned 4.6. The Camaro will have a 6.0, and the Challenger will have a 6.0 or 6.2?? I wasn't that good at math in college, but I know 4.6 does NOT equal 6.0! :Damnit:

12. '66 coupe

Ya, I know.
    I actually had a set of new exhaust manifold gaskets in my trunk when my car was hit and totalled. But my car wasn't as bad as some of the cars I've been hearing lately.

13. fobra559

fobra559 At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.

The one on my passenger side was cracked so I had to buy a new exhaust manifold:( Should have just bought a pair of BBK shorties for the same price of one that the dealer charged me for:nonono:

14. TMX

TMX New Member

Dang, this thing is still the living dead? My 2000 still has no cracks in the manifolds, but the AC lines have already been bent out of the way and had better foam put on them, it only drips closer to the firewall away from the headers, that was done before I even had the car. My only problem is a freaking intermittent misfire i can never solve. Used an XCal to check all sensors and they are all reading fine...so bad coil, plugs, wires, or injector. Cant find a leak, vacuum is reading good, fuel pressure is reading good. Bout to just toss new ignition at it and see what it does, $900 for refund, the car is getting fixed. That and probably a new suspension. Plus it's my 21st birthday today w0000000000t.

15. RED98

RED98 Member

So it's been OVER a month since anyone poked this thread with a stick to see if it's still alive?? :stick:
    Well I have GREAT news for you all... Married With Children Season 8 comes out on DVD Tuesday, March 18! :nice: :flag: Be sure to get yours so you can see the founding of No Ma'am. (With Jerry Springer.)
    Hey, this is Mustang related.. sort of.. Al Bundy likes Mustangs.. he had a '65 convertible, (repo'd) an '89 GT convertible, (won on a game show) and tried to buy a Fox 5.0 until Peg stole his money. Did I miss any? ALL HAIL AL BUNDY :hail2: :hail2:

16. NMStang218

NMStang218 New Member

wow..you sure know a lot about married with children!:nice: I try to catch an episode every once in a while on FX when they play it during the day but thats about it.

Yeah the tech forum is pretty dead too. Doesnt seem like theres a lot going on here:(

17. fiveohwblow

unfortunately there never really is... I know there is a ton more v-6's on the road too but most v-6 owners are not quite the level of dedicated enthusiasts that the v-8 guys/gals are...:shrug:

18. 98V6 K.I.T.T.

98V6 K.I.T.T. Founding Member

Wow.....I haven't been on these forums for awhile....149 pages??? dang

19. fiveohwblow

Ive been doing what I can lately.. which isnt much in contrast to 149 pages but hey..:shrug:

20. '66 coupe

I remember the last one he tried to buy with money he kept in a shoebox. I felt bad for him in that episode, lol.

I still need to see the '65 Mustang one.

Also, he rented a red Foxbody GT convertible on the episode where they all sit in a traffic jam on vacation.
    Wow, he really did like Mustangs. LOL

I remember the carwash one where they lost his Dodge because when they washed it they all found out it was a different color.