V6 forums are dead

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by OxMox, Jun 2, 2005.

1. stang315

stang315 New Member

listen i understand what u r saying and u can say im young and stupid but its just a different kind of love ive grew up around im 18 and my dad has always been into the street thing and my uncle both of them got 5.0's for thier 16th birthdays and ive always been around it but it doesnt sound like your very open minded about this situation so im not going to try to persuade u but just dont judge me when u dont even know what its all about for me.
  2. FrankenStang

FrankenStang Mustang Master

Showcase:
    Albums:
    :lol:

Wow... just.... WOW... :notnice:
  3. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

:Word: Dude, that is the longest run-on sentence I have seen in a long time. You really need to get off the computer and back to your writing homework. Seriously dude.
  4. RED98

RED98 Member

Street racing is soo retarded.. I have let ricers rev on me at lights and blow past me, I don't give a *****, cause I know that I'm not the only one on the road! How would you feel if you or the other guy lost control and took out a young mother pushing a baby stroller or something like that? No I don't feel I do have to show respect for a damned dangerous and illegal thing like that. So many people have died because of street racing; many more than track racing. So one fool who wants to "live to please himself" is incredibly selfish, inconsiderate of other people's safety, he's going to endanger himself and everyone around him on public streets, and we can't do anything about it. So by that logic, if I want to take my rifle to a public park and target shoot cans by the play equipment, and that's what I say pleases me, does that mean I can? Where would we all be if everyone did whatever the hell they wanted just because they wanted to? If what you are doing endangers others, especially innocent people, you bet your a$$ I have a big problem with it. I think someone needs to wake up and realize they are not the only one on the road; you aren't any more important than the rest of us, so don't endanger other people's lives with your stupid street racing. :fuss:
  5. FrankenStang

FrankenStang Mustang Master

Showcase:
    Albums:
    :hail2: :nice:
  6. stang315

stang315 New Member

like i said judge me how u want to it doesnt really matter to me even though i know yea i should probably tone it down quite a bit on the streets but in the end if im not going to do it others are soo if i never rev up at a stop light again it wouldnt make a difference at all but i do see what yall are saying about it i mean its not like i dont understand.
  7. fiveohwblow

fiveohwblow Official Member

8. TMX

TMX New Member

I have to use a modified cliche here: If the civics raced off a cliff, would you follow?
    Street racing is all ego, what do you have to prove? I drive like normal no matter who revs at me, I've got nothing to prove. Even if you think you have control over your vehicle, the other person might not, and could lose control and end up in a house. There was a time I would race, hell when I got the V6 at 18 I had too much fun with it, I didn't get anything from it, no one actually cares about your kill list except you. Now that I'm 21, almost done with all school, I'm thankful my recklessness never leaded to any injury. And don't look at it as "well, it doesn't make a difference if I don't change, others wont," maybe they wont, but every little bit helps. That ONE race could have been the one where someone ended up going through a minivan full of children singing along to their favorite songs after soccer practice, and the police don't care if you hit the car or if the other guy, you still are at fault. And if you say you never will change, who's the one with the closed mind? Be mindful and respectful of those around you. If you have the need for speed and don't want to goto the track, video games are a mutli-billion dollar industry for a reason.
  9. fiveohwblow

He made a public apology in another thread last week...:nice:
  10. TMX

TMX New Member

Jesus, it was last week? I forget, posting here can take a week before a response haha. Where did the time go, and why did it leave =(. 50 hours a week plus 14-credit hours for school sucks. Oh well, my opinion is out in the world now. Stay in school kids, you don't need your brains that bad. Oh well, back to life so I can get my turbo my car this summer and graduate in 7 months mwahaha.
  11. fiveohwblow

I graduated last spring and I am stoked. I should have gone to school right after HS, but I waited several years unfortunately... Either way, glad to be done!

Congrats on your almost graduating!
  12. RED98

RED98 Member

That's why I like Medal of Honor.. I figured either I can relieve my stress and go on a killing rampage with a shotgun for real and hurt my ears, or I can do it on the xbox. Besides, the cops seem to frown on rampages..:shrug:
  13. TMX

TMX New Member

Yeah, it's taken me 3 years to get my associates =(. I just have one programming class, Technically Writing, Public Speaking, Martial Arts for a PE credit, and University Physics 2. Then it's on to a University for my Bachelors of Software Engineering and Physics, just 2 more for that =(. But I need a vacation badly, kinda looking at going to Europe for a month. And yes, games rock. Unreal Tournament 3 ftw, but that's what happens when you've got a $1500 pc. Too many hobbies to fund.
  14. fiveohwblow

haha, I hear ya there. Built my own pc and got addicted. Luckily I have stepped away.. Honestly I was amazed at how fast I got both of my degrees once I put my mind to it. I know you can as well, keep it up:nice:
  15. TMX

TMX New Member

2.4GHz AMD Athlon X2, could overclock to 2.808GHz if I wanted to
    ABit KN9 nForce 570 SLI motherboard
    2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 MHz ram running 5-5-5-12-1T to keep things stable and cool
    SLI'd 640MB 8800 GTS overclocked to 576MHz
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer soundcard
    It runs almost every game max settings except Crysis, it can run on the highest DirectX 9 setting with no AA and still get above 30 fps, no real frame jumping issues either, still smooth. This semester though, I've been putting like 20-30 hours a week working at Best Buy for $8.75/h, and 19.5 hours a week at school making $8 an hour there. Saving up so that I can go through school without a single student loan, plus only got 2.5 years left on my car payment. I'm already over my goals because I only planned out working 15-20 hours at $7.50 an hour, so I'm sitting here thinking Turbo the car, or wait to make sure I've got all the money for school, pay off my car, get a 2nd car either for DD and make mine crazy, or keep mine for DD and get the 2nd vehicle to go crazy with, which would be a V8. Thing is, I really want to get a total cheapy eco-box to drive around and not have a huge car payment, or a 2nd vehicle with excessive milage.
  16. fiveohwblow

Some good questions and really there is no perfect answer. Anyone who is using forward thinking will tell you that it would be wise to pay off extra school debts and save blah blah blah. I personally am a fan of conservative spending with pleasure. I like to have a small but decent savings and enjoy the rest. You could die tomorrow and what fun would a huge savings be then? Also, you could lose a job tomorrow and that turbo doesnt pay rent... always a tough one but if you can find a way to do both I say go for it!!:nice:
  17. TMX

TMX New Member

Even just 7psi through a turbo would be nice for awhile. With the 4.10's in a 7.5, I don't want to be pushing a lot of psi, just something that would have a bunch of get-up-and-gone feeling. If I get a 2nd eco-box after this one is paid off, I could goto town on my car or get a V8 and goto town on that, but that stuff will have to wait till I'm a professional Software Engineer making enough money to fund some fun. If I could get lucky and either find a local company that hires Associate holders or maybe a paid internship, or get a hold of scholarships for the final stretch in 2009/2010, I'd be in heaven.
  18. RED98

RED98 Member

OK time to dust off this thread again, it's been about 4 months... this place has been way beyond dead lately. You all must be outside doing stuff with your Mustangs or something. I got 2 new 1st place trophies at Mustang shows this summer.. yaay me....
    Well, I had to let you all know,
    Married With Children Season 9 comes out on DVD 8/19/08! New Metallica album on 9/12/08.. good times...
  19. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

Yo Red98. Yeah, this place is pretty dead. I still lurk the boards, but don't really have much to post in V6. My Mustang has been garaged most of the summer. Getting ready to head back to work next week so I have been getting the Mustang ready. It was a good, but busy summer off. I did a lot of projects around the house this summer which kept me busy.

And oh yeah, new Ice Cube album comes out on the 19th of August but I already got my hands on it.

You got any pics from the shows you won? I'd like to see em!:nice:
  20. RED98

RED98 Member

DON'T LAUGH AT MY SIGN!!!!:fuss::mad::uzi::rlaugh:
    That thing is worth its weight in gold. I got tired of being asked 10 times per show what I have done to this car. People really stop and read that thing. Now when they ask me questions, it's something more intelligent, like "can I hear what your Flowmasters sound like on a V6?" Why suuure..... :nice:
    [​IMG]