V6 forums are dead

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by OxMox, Jun 2, 2005.

1. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

That is super clean Red98! Very nice!

2. RED98

RED98 Member

(In "Elvis" voice:) thankyuh.. thankyuverymuch..

3. MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member

Most of the big poster's are gone here.Talk about dead.I used to see TONS of activity in here years ago.To see just how (DEAD) it is,take a browse through forum history and run back 10 pages at a time.Note the ammount of posts and the date.First 10 pages,your allready in 2006.Another 10,it's 2005.10 again,still in 05.The last 28 pages are all 2004 & Dec of '03.

It's pretty sad actually.I havn't looked at the 5.0 section.Though last I checked,it wasn't as busy as it once was.Nothing like this or the 4 banger section.

Come on people ...get your ass in here and post! The economy is crap,but that dont mean you can leave SN hangin.As for me,I havn't been on here much lately.5 OH section is too crowded for my taste (even though I own a 5.0).Lack of doing any work to my stangs except for maintainance repairs on my daily v6er.Oh and about the v6.I've owned that car since early 2000.It's been through 90,000 miles of hell and back but damn,it still runs good.As much as I hear guys at the shop talk trash about 3.8's,they IMO are good running engines.Just do your maintainance regularly.Oh and maybe if you like tearin your car apart,change out the head gaskets to better quality ones.They love to leak after 60k miles or a lot of high revving.

Anyways,I'm just sitting here writing this off my Moto Q9M.Having a mobile version of SN is a major plus.It was way overdue.Now I can check SN forums any time of the day without my phone browser crapping out on me after 4 pages.

See ya peeps

4. RED98

RED98 Member

I'm working 2 jobs 60 hours per week and taking 3 classes, that's why I'm not posting much. My last full day off was mid-September, and my next day off is Thanksgiving. The only thing going on with my Mustang is that it just rolled over 140,000 miles.

5. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

I lurk at the post's in here, but usually answer the ones I have some experience in. I mainly post in Electronica Central and lurk there and BHR. Not much happenin with my Stang right now. I really would love to purchase a 2010 Mustang. So been lookin into that mostly. Been playing a lot of Xbox though...Dead Space has been eating my time and Fallout 3 soon will be the next time-killer along with Red Alert...

6. Linz

Linz "I Love Seamen"
    Founding Member

All your base are belong to us.

That is all

/lurk over.

7. timeless2

timeless2 Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
    Admin Dude

8. RED98

RED98 Member

Here's what's going on.. My car is over 147,000; will hit 150k soon.. I got my bachelor's in business management, and when our economy is out of the toilet, I may be able to actually make use of it.. the 2011 Mustang GT will have a 400 hp 5.0 V8!!:banana::banana:
    ...and best of all...
    Season 10 of Married With Children is out on dvd 3/17!! :flag::nice::spot::banana: all hail Al Bundy :hail2::hail2:

9. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

LOL @ Married with children...heh. Not much here. Recently got PRK done to my eyes with good success. My Stang is right at 69k miles. Starting to get ready to apply to the Police Academy by working with a trainer. Finally added some stainless steel bumper inserts, shorty antenna and a Mach 1 Grill Delete kit to my Stang. Life has been pretty busy. The only TV I watch these days is 24 and Lost. Hey Red, you on Facebook?

10. RED98

RED98 Member

11. fiveohwblow

fiveohwblow Official Member

Unfortunately I have to sell the sixer. I love my bright atlantic blue sixer :( I bought a competition orange svt focus to replace it.... Still have the five oh though. As you can see, I bleed Ford blue

12. fiveohwblow

13. MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member

Svt Focus ? Not tryin to make fun of you..but did you buy that for looks..eco-friendliness.. or that you thought it would be fast...cause ya know ..if it says "SVT" in front of the name,it must be fast... :D

Sorry..I had to pull that one off.

Posted via Mobile Device

14. fiveohwblow

HAHA, no actually the wife and i had twin girls and I went to place the car seat in the back and realized I would have to be a magician to make one car seat work let alone two! SUCKS!!

Although, before you throw out any hate grab the keys to an SVTF WITH the EAP and tell me you dont enjoy yourself. So far 6 out of 6 mustang guys/gals I have had ride with me pick the Recaro heated leather seats in my car over theirs albeit Cobra, GT or lx seats they are sportin.:nice:

15. MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member

Sucks to lose the stang! Well,at least you got the 5 oh.Yeah don't get rid of that one.That's nice as hell.Don't mind me for feelin a little jealous.I had plans to make my 5.0 look that good.But heck,I could not come up with that kind of cash...........Keep'er garaged...that's all I say.Or she'll dry-rot and fade. :notnice:

I see the point you made with the Focus.Kids'll do that ehh. You'd think with the stang being larger that those damn seats would fit.Oh I forgot,stang has no LATCH anchors.

Oh well.guess I could say congrats on the twins.You got your hands full I'll say.Oh and they're girls. :omg: .Good luck in 14 years..haha.I should also say good luck in 2. :D

16. trock

trock New Member

What's up guys? Some of you may remember me. I posted some a couple years, but haven't logged in in about a year and a half. Still have the car, but kinda lost interest in it after I got a motorcycle. Now I'm riding a 2000 R1 that puts 165 hp to the ground on a sub 400 pound machine.

Well I might be regaining interest in my car. My grandpa totaled his 01 Bullitt about a month ago. Every piece of the body is pretty much junk. He told me I could have it if I wanted it. So now the question is this. Do I sell my car and use the money to fund rebuilding the Bullitt, or do I switch the engine, tranny, interior, pretty much everything into the body of my car?

17. trock

trock New Member

Double post. sorry.

18. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

Rebuilding a totaled vehicle never drives the same. And doing a switch is gonna cost big bucks and time. Sell the bullitt for parts and upgrade your current stang.

19. trock

trock New Member

Everything as far as driving is good. All of the body is damaged (luckily the roof can just be dented back out) and the front left corner of the frame is a little messed up. I think I could sell my car to fund the project and still have some left over. I need to talk to some people and figure out exactly how much it would cost me.

20. FrankenStang

FrankenStang Mustang Master

Showcase:
    Albums: