V6 forums are dead

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by OxMox, Jun 2, 2005.

1. MustangLX-5.0

MustangLX-5.0 Founding Member

Trock,I would agree with what Chingonstang said.Once a vehicle is in a serious accident,it never drives the same.And by the way it sounds (roof),it was in a rollover,if not rollover then it would be serious enough to dent the roof.But damage all around? I wouldn't trust it.My 96 was in some kind of wreck before I bought it (some reason it didn't show on carfax) and dealer lied about it.I also got into a minor accident in '04.Enough to require new bumper,left fender,inner left fender re-welds,among other things.To this day,I have not once been able to get this car to drive correctly,and I have owned it for 9 years.I've replaced numerous items on the front and rear suspension + steering.Always getting improper tire wear regardless of how much I had it aligned.Moved to different rims and tires on several occasions,re-balanced wheels dozens of times (some of those done myself at the shop where I worked).I cannot completely get rid of highway speed vibrations in the front end and excessive tire wear.The car never sits correctly.Always looks uneven from the passenger side.And...to add to all of this,a heap of rattles.Allthough,I fixed 99% of those.

So just take note if you decide you want to rebuild this car.Best to just sell it for parts.You can make a decent amount doing it this way.Theen you could use the extra $$$ to fix up your current stang.

If you choose to swap items from that one,to yours,be prepared for a lengthy & difficult process.Removing the parts from your car is the easy part.It's getting all the new stuff to either fit...or just work properly.Fitment shouldn't be an issue really,but things like the PCM wiring will be very difficult.Among other things...doing this is a royal PITA!
  2. kingkongzilla

kingkongzilla Banned

Sad, but true. :(

I tried to convince people that I could rebuilt my wrecked '92 stang but when I started shopping around for parts it become obvious that it wasn't worth it.
  3. fiveohwblow

fiveohwblow Official Member

FROM THE GRAVE!!!
  4. kramer

kramer Member

still faster than a civic @:)