V6 forums are dead

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by OxMox, Jun 2, 2005.

1. SonicBlue Angel

SonicBlue Angel New Member

I get bored because I don't know much about cars. I just read to see what I can learn. I do love my V6 though. Did a lot of mods thanks to hubby. But I still don't understand why. I guess I'm still in the learning stage. Maybe someday it will all click.

2. Stangfanatic98

Stangfanatic98 New Member

[QUOTE='66 coupe]The brutal truth is that there's no point in doing anything to our cars.

3. '66 coupe

Founding Member

In all fairness, the prices of those cars are equal to GT's. So if they're toying with you, they're just being pricks who are too scared to challenge the Mustangs in their price range.

4. OxMox

OxMox turkeysammichesonhisface

[QUOTE='66 coupe]In all fairness, the prices of those cars are equal to GT's. So if they're toying with you, they're just being pricks who are to scared to challenge the Mustangs in their price range.[/QUOTE]

...When you race some one do you go buy price range or HP and TQ? 'Cuase most people are going to go by HP and TQ, not every one (espicially not ricers) are going to look at it like that.

5. OxMox

Stangnet Infomercial Add

The Stangnet V6 Forum is a very rare and indagered species. Not many forums nowa days have the sort of "family feel" to it. They are almost completely wiped out by all of the beautiful weather that many parts of the country now face! People are taking to the streets and riding from sun up till sun down. So I ask you for our sake, for our childrens sake, for the forums sake, Please... post, post and save one of the few remaining KICK ASS forums that bless us with it's pressence. For a meere 1 post a day you can save this forum and feed it's patrons with enough info to laugh at and learn from for weeks to come, and every time you support this forum you will recieve an addition to your post count and a picture of the post you just placed, so I ask you to take the time and place just 1 post, thats all it takes and we can save this wonder of nature, so please post now and save our forum and our future.

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

6. '66 coupe

Founding Member

You have to look at the situation. He said they were "trying to race" which implies that he was driving along, and these idiots came out of nowhere and challenged him. That said, most people know that V6 Mustangs don't cost much, and all import owners think they are easy kills.
    So, yes, anyone in a new Accord or Maxima is an idiot for not realizing that their car is in the same price range as a GT, and they should be racing those cars. But instead they want to look cool, and act like pricks racing a $15k car with a $25k one. But if a GT owner did that to a Civic owner, they'd be looked at as being arrogant. :rolleyes:

We're all Mustang owners, so we're all used to getting the most car for the money. I don't mind pointing this out to other people.

7. OxMox

Gotcha. I see what you mean, that is pretty gay. But then again what do you expect from a ricer? A fair fight, or for that matter a fight at all?

8. pony ride

pony ride New Member

You're missing a few very important facts here:

1) Everybody knows we're throwing away our money on modding cars, whether it's a V6, V8, or I4. It's a hobby....... remember? ...for the fun of it.
    2) Anybody who's modding a V6 for racing purposes is wasting their time. Not only does it take a ***** load of money to get the power needed to make a difference, but (in most cases) the car can't be used as a daily driver anymore. Sure, there are a handful of 400+HP V6's out there that will surprise a lot of imports, and a few V8's, but who are they kidding? It's a hobby..... for the fun of it!
    3) Remember, 99.9% of V6 owners buy their mustangs as a daily driver, or for their first car, or because they can't afford a V8 or the insurance, so most V6 owners wouldn't be on a mustang forum talking about modding their cars anyway.
    4) Most V6 owners that are really into modding their cars are not on stangnet anyway - they're on 3.8mustang.com

Bottom line, I mod my 6 because it's fun, and I'm spending the money because I plan on keeping the car a long time as a daily driver anyway.... AND because it's a hobby..... for the fun of it!

9. OxMox

So wait it's for the fun of it???? :rlaugh: Yeah, I know it's for fun when you mod your car not for "stricly race perpuses" (sp) I moded my car like this just to do it and because I enjoy doing it... a hobby. I love everything about my car, i'm not beating any heavily modded late model gt or cobras, but I can beat just about any **** poor civic, integra, prelude, rsx, srt4, other v6 stangs, earlier 96-98 GT's and the ocasional stock/lightly modded (intake, exhaust) 99-04 GT. I do it cause I enjoy it, I enjoy the speed, the feeling of "building" or "working" my car, etc. So yeah, it's a hobby but it's fun as hell and 95% of the people who do it enjoy it.

10. Sage427

Sage427 New Member

pony ride,

you hit the nail on the head! its really a hobby! Though you do have to look at Logical things about making a 400hp v6, you just wouldn't do that unless you had a passion for V6's, you wanted to prove a point (even to yourself), and providing you have a budget to follow.

It would be no different than a ricer putting $$$$ in tubo configurations, drivetrain, etc. just to tell their buddy they can run with his/her V8! It's all about your style/preference of vehicle you choose to mod.

I'm reminded of a buddy of mine, he was telling me what all he was going to do with his "Fast and Furious" eclipse that he was "modding." Turbo this Turbo that, ugly paint job this, and be able to keep up with *named cars with V8s in them* and that. I said dude, if i took the money you were gonna spend on that 4 banger, and put it in a V8 you still wouldn't have a chance and the V8 would outlast your 4 banger way longer with that much stress :nice: . He had the nerve to say "That might be true, cuz i dunno alot about V8's, but mine would be MORE EFFIENCT AT BUILDING POWER"! wanna know what my reply was? . . . :rlaugh: . . . so yeah. :lol:

. . . And i'm modding my Stang b/c i don't plan on selling it! I got it a very great deal and if I decided to sell it, i really doubt I could get anything back out of it, and it will be a part of my "car" collection one day :flag: :nice:
    Imagine the grand kids saying. . .

"but grandpa, they didn't put 460's in '00 Mustang's back then!!!". . .

"I know kids, thats why I did ;) "

11. zincyellow03

zincyellow03 New Member

Same thing here. My dad passed his vette down to me, so I want to pass the stang down to my kids, too.

12. Alternator

Alternator New Member

It's the server crashes that are killing this site.

13. jasoncarmony

jasoncarmony New Member

Live wherever the Air Force sends me. Right now I
    I bought my v6 mustang because I never plan on racing it, gas prices are still too high, and insurance costs too much. I have always wanted to drive a mustang and it doesn't matter where I am driving, when I see a mustang on the road (which is often) I look at the car and think of how much fun it is to have a mustang.
    I am a new mustang owner, but I have loved them for years and I actually feel some nostalgia when I drive my Ford Mustang. Who cares if it is a V6, I love my car. I don't really know much about working on cars, so the modding I do will be more to personalize the car, i.e. white gauges, billet knobs, and CAI. Other than that, I did not buy it to race it. It is fun having enough HP to do what I want to. If people want to mod their cars, so be it. But it is still a mustang after all the modding. Its not a camaro or firebird which are no longer in production, its a mustang.

14. OxMox

The weekends are to short! :notnice:

What did you guys do?

15. Scott_95GT

Scott_95GT New Member

LOL. The only thread that stays alive in here is the one is called v6 forums are dead.

Reverse psychology.

16. OxMox

'Cause it's not mindless chit chat about Ebay CAI's or how much horse power will this CAI and thermostat give me. lol. I say we keep this thread going, just so we can B.S. with people and actually talk about stuff.

17. '66 coupe

Founding Member

"My cat's name is Mittens."

18. OxMox

Whats up man? Mittens huh, lol. My dogs name is Royce, miniature pincher. When he goes, I wanna get a full sized one or a collie or border collie.

...Is it me or is it really hot outside, how's the weather in Lakeland? It just rained over here in Palm Harbor about 45mins ago.

19. '66 coupe

Founding Member

That was actually a Ralph quote from The Simpsons.

I'm actually in Orlando right now cause I'm going to UCF. It rained here a couple days ago.
    I didn't realize you were that close. It'd be cool to meet up at a show. But the only ones I know of already happened this year. :shrug:

20. OxMox

[QUOTE='66 coupe]That was actually a Ralph quote from The Simpsons.

I'm actually in Orlando right now cause I'm going to UCF. It rained here a couple days ago.
    I didn't realize you were that close. It'd be cool to meet up at a show. But the only ones I know of already happened this year. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

"My catsbreath smells like catfood" "I broke my wookie" lmao. :rlaugh:

..Sorry man. Couldn't help it. UCF..argh! I was going to USF last semester, but I was still living at home, cause of my work and stuff, but it got to be a little much so now I go to FMU. Yeah, I can't think of any big time shows around here. I go to one every friday night at the wendys on the corner of Nebraska and US19 in palm harbor. It's cool, nothing but Mustangs and classic muscle. Next time you're around you should stop by and bring your '66.