V6 Mustangs most underated car (my opinion)

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by BABstangV6, Dec 17, 2003.

1. ice091298

ice091298 New Member

msrp is similar, but the discounts and such give the mustangs the advantage. i was actually considering a tibouron when looking to buy in august. i must say, the interior quality felt so much better, and the shifter was smoother as well. the 6 speed option was quite nice too, not to mention they dip into mid 14's with simple i/h/e :eek: whcih is pretty amazing for a 2.7 liter. but still, its a hyundai, and despite both being way below average car cost in my neighborhood, mustang across the rear bumper is still more respectable than a hyundai badge, however nice the car. 3k out the door price diff and rwd led me to choose the stang :nice:

its easy to understand why our cars are underrated though. a lot of the import mid size cars wiith smaller engines are kickin our asses left and right. if the accord coupes were rwd, i would have taken out an additional 5k and bought one without ever looking back. but for now, im happy with my 6 banger stang. even if i get burned by a modded civic, atleast id still look good :)
  2. '66 coupe

'66 coupe Founding Member

That's big IF about getting burned by a Civic. Around here anyway. They just don't realize they won't get far with just a stupid muffler, a big wing, and Vtec stickers. :nonono:

Also, can you name the mid-size imports that kick our asses?
    Last I checked there were only a handful, and most weren't exactly bargains. Like you said, $5k extra for the Accord. That's $1k shy of half of what I paid for my car. The other one that first comes to mind is the Maxima, which is one of the biggest rip offs on the market at the moment. Only the rebadged Honda and Toyota(Acura and Lexus) buyers are getting boned more than the Maxima buyers.
  3. ice091298

ice091298 New Member

[QUOTE='66 coupe]That's big IF about getting burned by a Civic. Around here anyway. They just don't realize they won't get far with just a stupid muffler, a big wing, and Vtec stickers. :nonono:

Also, can you name the mid-size imports that kick our asses?
    Last I checked there were only a handful, and most weren't exactly bargains. Like you said, $5k extra for the Accord. That's $1k shy of half of what I paid for my car. The other one that first comes to mind is the Maxima, which is one of the biggest rip offs on the market at the moment. Only the rebadged Honda and Toyota(Acura and Lexus) buyers are getting boned more than the Maxima buyers.[/QUOTE]

im not talking about ricers here with fart pipes and parkbench wings, theres actually quite a few 4 bangers around there that would atleast give us a good run if not beat us. granted we also have our share of import and domestic rice as well...

when i said mid sized, i was refering to family cars. yes, accord, altima, maxima, etc. sure, its a lil pricier than a stang, but those are essentially every day FAMILY CARS, nothing special. rather dissapointing when an economy fwd car with 4 doors, smaller engine, toting a baby seat blows your doors off. :(
  4. '66 coupe

But for their price range you could've had a GT.

But this is exactly why I'd like to get a V8 Lincoln LS, or a Volvo S80 T6 when I get out of college. Those ignorant ricers wouldn't know what hit 'em. :D
  5. 5-SpeedStallion

5-SpeedStallion Founding Member

Or a Subaru Forester 2.5XT :banana:
  6. Mike3800

Mike3800 Founding Member

[QUOTE='66 coupe]But for their price range you could've had a GT.

But this is exactly why I'd like to get a V8 Lincoln LS, or a Volvo S80 T6 when I get out of college. Those ignorant ricers wouldn't know what hit 'em. :D[/QUOTE]

Volvo sure... :nice:

Lincoln LS V8? umm.... better encounter one of those on the.... somewhere... before you write that off as a fast car.
  7. Mike3800

Mike3800 Founding Member

:rlaugh: ASS. :p

I just can't delete what I posted that I changed my mind about.
  8. '66 coupe

Well sadly enough, they're faster than a Marauder. They're also faster than the majority of ricers I encounter on the streets here. Hell, my slushbox V6 is faster than those morons. :shrug:
  9. m4RK

m4RK New Member

im the opposite, im the only one with a mustang at my school and when people say its sweet and i bet its fast. i try to explain that its a v6 and it isnt THAT fast. but they just dont get it they keep saying "ITS A MUSTANG" so i get compliments on my car more than ****... and all the girls love it, they dont care if its a v6 or a v8 as long as it looks nice.
  10. '66 coupe

This has been true with both of my cars.
    But when I try to explain that I just have base Mustangs, my friends just look at me like I'm ungrateful that I have them, when actually I love my cars, I just know their limitations. :shrug:
  11. Mike3800

Mike3800 Founding Member

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I love my cars, I just know their limitations. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

See that's the difference between a ricer and an enthusiast.

Is there anything wrong with owning a Civic or Integra and tastefully modifying it while knowing it's limitations?
  12. ice091298

ice091298 New Member

well said
  13. 98CobraClone

98CobraClone New Member

I haven't been beaten, in an actual race. Been plenty of times just driving down the road when some 4 banger comes up beside me, revs, and goes on. I usually let em go on. Kindof afraid to race with the sig sauer .40 cal on my hip and Glock on my ankle :) But knowing that I "could" stomp them (in more ways than one) is nice
  14. JDMsTangR

JDMsTangR New Member

Is that how cops are strapped over where you are? Or are you an undercover or something?
  15. gemex

gemex New Member

I carry a Walther P-99 myself. Perfect Gun, it’s never failed me. :)
  16. stlboarder

stlboarder Founding Member

.45 Glock G30 is nice as well
  17. 98CobraClone

98CobraClone New Member

the sig is the only one that is required to be carried. I just carry the glock as backup. No, not undercover
  18. stangorz54

stangorz54 New Member

hmm well im not a ricer but what is with yall flaming ricers thats all i read is RICER this and ricer that i dont see them talking much **** about us stangs and if they do who cars
  19. stangorz54

stangorz54 New Member

wow yall are hard "i gotta glock" not trying to been mean but WOW
  20. 98CobraClone

98CobraClone New Member

ok.......and?????? I got a Sig Sauer P226, Glock 27, Ruger MK II, Ruger P95, Remington 870 and Colt 1911. The glock is nothing special by any means

Not being "hard" as you stated