V6 Mustangs most underated car (my opinion)

aznzebra said:
but i rather say i drive a v6 mustang than a v6 tiburon. jst my opinion tho. ford isn't known for their quality, but I'm not ready to hop onto the hyundai bandwagon anytime soon.

according to that 1/4 time, that car would be able to tie a 99+ stang.
not bad for a 6 cylinder thats much smaller. is it SOHC or DOHC?
and is the price range similar to that of a v6 stang?

msrp is similar, but the discounts and such give the mustangs the advantage. i was actually considering a tibouron when looking to buy in august. i must say, the interior quality felt so much better, and the shifter was smoother as well. the 6 speed option was quite nice too, not to mention they dip into mid 14's with simple i/h/e :eek: whcih is pretty amazing for a 2.7 liter. but still, its a hyundai, and despite both being way below average car cost in my neighborhood, mustang across the rear bumper is still more respectable than a hyundai badge, however nice the car. 3k out the door price diff and rwd led me to choose the stang :nice:

its easy to understand why our cars are underrated though. a lot of the import mid size cars wiith smaller engines are kickin our asses left and right. if the accord coupes were rwd, i would have taken out an additional 5k and bought one without ever looking back. but for now, im happy with my 6 banger stang. even if i get burned by a modded civic, atleast id still look good :)

• Sponsors (?)

ice091298 said:
its easy to understand why our cars are underrated though. a lot of the import mid size cars wiith smaller engines are kickin our asses left and right. if the accord coupes were rwd, i would have taken out an additional 5k and bought one without ever looking back. but for now, im happy with my 6 banger stang. even if i get burned by a modded civic, atleast id still look good :)

That's big IF about getting burned by a Civic. Around here anyway. They just don't realize they won't get far with just a stupid muffler, a big wing, and Vtec stickers. :nonono:

Also, can you name the mid-size imports that kick our asses?
Last I checked there were only a handful, and most weren't exactly bargains. Like you said, $5k extra for the Accord. That's $1k shy of half of what I paid for my car. The other one that first comes to mind is the Maxima, which is one of the biggest rip offs on the market at the moment. Only the rebadged Honda and Toyota(Acura and Lexus) buyers are getting boned more than the Maxima buyers.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]That's big IF about getting burned by a Civic. Around here anyway. They just don't realize they won't get far with just a stupid muffler, a big wing, and Vtec stickers. :nonono:

Also, can you name the mid-size imports that kick our asses?
Last I checked there were only a handful, and most weren't exactly bargains. Like you said, $5k extra for the Accord. That's $1k shy of half of what I paid for my car. The other one that first comes to mind is the Maxima, which is one of the biggest rip offs on the market at the moment. Only the rebadged Honda and Toyota(Acura and Lexus) buyers are getting boned more than the Maxima buyers.[/QUOTE]

im not talking about ricers here with fart pipes and parkbench wings, theres actually quite a few 4 bangers around there that would atleast give us a good run if not beat us. granted we also have our share of import and domestic rice as well...

when i said mid sized, i was refering to family cars. yes, accord, altima, maxima, etc. sure, its a lil pricier than a stang, but those are essentially every day FAMILY CARS, nothing special. rather dissapointing when an economy fwd car with 4 doors, smaller engine, toting a baby seat blows your doors off. :(

ice091298 said:
when i said mid sized, i was refering to family cars. yes, accord, altima, maxima, etc. sure, its a lil pricier than a stang, but those are essentially every day FAMILY CARS, nothing special. rather dissapointing when an economy fwd car with 4 doors, smaller engine, toting a baby seat blows your doors off. :(

But for their price range you could've had a GT.

But this is exactly why I'd like to get a V8 Lincoln LS, or a Volvo S80 T6 when I get out of college. Those ignorant ricers wouldn't know what hit 'em. :D

[QUOTE='66 coupe]But for their price range you could've had a GT.

But this is exactly why I'd like to get a V8 Lincoln LS, or a Volvo S80 T6 when I get out of college. Those ignorant ricers wouldn't know what hit 'em. :D[/QUOTE]

Volvo sure... :nice:

Lincoln LS V8? umm.... better encounter one of those on the.... somewhere... before you write that off as a fast car.

Mike3800 said:
Lincoln LS V8? umm.... better encounter one of those on the.... somewhere... before you write that off as a fast car.

Well sadly enough, they're faster than a Marauder. They're also faster than the majority of ricers I encounter on the streets here. Hell, my slushbox V6 is faster than those morons. :shrug:

im the opposite, im the only one with a mustang at my school and when people say its sweet and i bet its fast. i try to explain that its a v6 and it isnt THAT fast. but they just dont get it they keep saying "ITS A MUSTANG" so i get compliments on my car more than ****... and all the girls love it, they dont care if its a v6 or a v8 as long as it looks nice.

m4RK said:
im the opposite, im the only one with a mustang at my school and when people say its sweet and i bet its fast. i try to explain that its a v6 and it isnt THAT fast. but they just dont get it they keep saying "ITS A MUSTANG" so i get compliments on my car more than ****... and all the girls love it, they dont care if its a v6 or a v8 as long as it looks nice.

This has been true with both of my cars.
But when I try to explain that I just have base Mustangs, my friends just look at me like I'm ungrateful that I have them, when actually I love my cars, I just know their limitations. :shrug:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I love my cars, I just know their limitations. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

See that's the difference between a ricer and an enthusiast.

Is there anything wrong with owning a Civic or Integra and tastefully modifying it while knowing it's limitations?

I haven't been beaten, in an actual race. Been plenty of times just driving down the road when some 4 banger comes up beside me, revs, and goes on. I usually let em go on. Kindof afraid to race with the sig sauer .40 cal on my hip and Glock on my ankle :) But knowing that I "could" stomp them (in more ways than one) is nice

98CobraClone said:
I haven't been beaten, in an actual race. Been plenty of times just driving down the road when some 4 banger comes up beside me, revs, and goes on. I usually let em go on. Kindof afraid to race with the sig sauer .40 cal on my hip and Glock on my ankle :) But knowing that I "could" stomp them (in more ways than one) is nice

Is that how cops are strapped over where you are? Or are you an undercover or something?