v6 tow question

wolf39us

Feb 15, 2008
ok so here's the question...this winter I will be moving from Ansonia, Connecticut to St. Petersburg, Florida and I can't wait lol

so here's my question... I have two vehicles...an 87 mustang GT v8 5 spd...and a 2000 mustang convertible v6 auto

it does seem that the best car to use would be the V8...

but I'd like to know if the v6 has enough balls (stock) to pull around a standard sized Jet Ski

I wanna move down to FL and just go all out..I would love to own a boat eventually once I have the cash

so would it work?? ...I'm not expecting to pull a boat around...but I heard that a jet ski is do-able

• Sponsors (?)

I thought you were going to ask about towing one Mustang with the other! ;)

AFAIK, one jetski is no problem for the Mustang. The towing capacity on the V6 is 1000 pounds (not sure about the '87), so as long as your all-up weight with the trailer us under that you are good to go. I tow a little utility trailer with my V6 with landscaping supplies and stuff, and it handles it fine.

Also, make sure when they install the hitch, you get a ball that sticks far out from the bumper. Otherwise your gonna be scratching and wearing groves into your rear bumper when you hit bumps or turn curves. I have already seen a few stangs where the ball is like right up against the bumper and the bumper greatly abused..:nonono: