V8 base Mustang

And don't forget that the 05 Mustang has global window open and close.

From the remote you just hold the unlock button down and both doors will unlock & both windows will roll down. :nice: On a hot summer day this is wonderful for getting some of the hot air out of the car before you even open a door :nice: :nice:

Unfortunately Ford's lawywers will not allow global close from the remote, but you can close both windows and lock both doors by inserting the key into the driver's door, turning it and holding it. :nice:

AND the windows have one touch up and down, no more holding the buttons! :nice:

Yes, it probably isn't worth $700 to put power windows in a 1960's car, but why anyone would want a new car w/o power windows & locks is beyond me.:scratch:

Now that I have global open / close & one touch up & down windows in my Lincoln LS, I would NEVER buy a car that did not have these features. :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Z28x said:
In a new car power window motors should last at least 150,000mi. To get rid of the power windows they then have to engineer and stock a 2nd set of door internal, it probably wouldn't be much cheaper in the end. aside from the added convenece, pw & pl will also help your resale. Now a days no one wants to buy a car without power windows and locks, it's too much of a PITA.
That means someone will still probably have to replace them, I'd hate to think the new stang won't outlast 150,000 mi. I hate using mileage to measure age of a vehicle, especialy in situations like this. They should have an hours/mileage guage.

nomuffler said:
That means someone will still probably have to replace them, I'd hate to think the new stang won't outlast 150,000 mi. I hate using mileage to measure age of a vehicle, especialy in situations like this. They should have an hours/mileage guage.

If you were to cost the car out by the hour usage you would be astonished on how high it is. A former colleague put an hour meter on his car as an experiment to figure out the cost by the hour. Keep in mind this was in 1988 and he discovered his car was costing him $80 an hour (factoring in payments, insurance, gas, everything) He was so shoked with the figure, he sold his car and started taking cabs. A little drastic I think.

With the amount of mileage I will be putting on my new Mustang it will take me over 20 years to reach that amount...so I'm happy. :banana:

I prefer crank windows and...

Z28x said:
your right, 99.99% of people want power windows and locks. Same goes for A/C, even entry level cars are coming with it standard.

Well I can live with power windows and locks, but would prefer to have manual. The power windows don't work without a key in the lock. They are something else to fail within a few years. The door locks with power can come in handy. The car I did have with power locks activated with a key remote control failed once under warranty, then again later on in the cars life, and I did not repair it. Now going back to the old days with rubber floor mats would be going a bit to far :D
Loren

had65want05 said:
Well I can live with power windows and locks, but would prefer to have manual. The power windows don't work without a key in the lock. They are something else to fail within a few years. The door locks with power can come in handy.

I must be living a charmed life. The first car I bought that had power windows was a 1977 Buick. That spoiled me, as power windows became a MUST have feature. Every car I got since that Buick had power windows and I have never had a power window failure.