V8 H pipe on a V6

• Sponsors (?)

It would have to be modified (i.e. bent) to bolt up to the engine exhaust manifolds. In my opinion it would be better to go with a V6 X-pipe, as ChingonStang posted. The pipe diameter is the same on both the V6 and V8 models, so there is no performance advantage to be gained by trying to modify a V8 midpipe to fit instead of using an aftermarket midpipe made to directly fit the V6 manifolds.

what he said :nice: or you could just get one made by the shop thats putting on your exhaust. might be cheaper that way :shrug: either way, stick with the x-pipe, because it sounds better than an h-pipe on the v6

I bought a offroad Xpipe for 140 including shipping from www.RPMoutlet.com and got a 03 GT catback on my 2002 the two sound great and everyone has said its really good asking what kinda exhaust it was...better off that route i got the catback from ebay for 85 from a local in my city so the total was 214 i think for both plus install

no, its just that h-pipes and x-pipes both work to equalize the pressure between each side of the exhaust, but the x-pipe does a better job than the h-pipe. both can be used on any year v8

The GT has a stock H pipe on it. The V6 does not require any kind of midpipe due to the firing order. There is no high end HP / low end torque to be gained from using either an X or H pipe. You can run the pipes straight back from the cats to the exhaust if you want.

Here's the thing though.. a GT H-Pipe is going to be part of the cat system. therefore it would have to be cut and welded anyway, because those cat's aren't going to hook to the manifolds in the exact same way.

I had the shop fabricate me an X pipe, only because an X will be louder than a H pipe, or nothing at all. I have MAC Straight Flowpath mufflers, left the cats on (I think it sounds too ricey with the cats removed on the 99-04's.)