vacuum lines 101

well my friend is helping me get my mustang back to 100% and he says we need to check my all my vacuum lines..and i dont know a single about them..can any one give me some help/info because i dont wanna just stand there and watch him, i want to be able to give some input and help out! thanks guys.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

a good way to find leaks is with spray either(starter fluid) give it a little squirt around where the suspected leak is while the motor is running and your rpms will rise. you can get some rubber vac hose from a dealer ship for like a dollar a foot and just cut off small sections of it to splice the vac lines back together.

Uh, you look for split lines and repair them. You only want one person at a time doing any searching anyhow (two folks spraying or touching lines at once doesnt work too well). It's very simple except for the cool lines that are buried inside the fenders and under the plenum.

I'd just sit back and watch him find the leaks. You can do splice work or replace lines when he finds them - that way you both stay busy.

Here's a vac diagram (I don't know who posted it originally - if it's yours, let us know so we give you credit):

click me

Good luck.