Vacuum Lines And Misc

MATHEW2172

Oct 17, 2016
Well good morning

This place has been a great resource. need to see if you guys can help me out a bit as this is the first build me and my kid have ever done.

We have a 1992 gt
we swapped motors out and deleted the smog pump. Well we also deleted the ac. We bought delete pulleys to put in place, the ac pulley says we need a half inch smaller belt, what belt size would that be.

Also we are just left ot install the upper intake and hook up vacuum lines. Well we didnt remove the intake on this as we had a mechanic do that. What lines do i need to hook up and where?? any help would be apprecitated

• Sponsors (?)

Well good morning

This place has been a great resource. need to see if you guys can help me out a bit as this is the first build me and my kid have ever done.

We have a 1992 gt
we swapped motors out and deleted the smog pump. Well we also deleted the ac. We bought delete pulleys to put in place, the ac pulley says we need a half inch smaller belt, what belt size would that be.

Also we are just left ot install the upper intake and hook up vacuum lines. Well we didnt remove the intake on this as we had a mechanic do that. What lines do i need to hook up and where?? any help would be apprecitated
First build? Get a repair manuel/assembly manuel for it.
Maybe @jrichker can help you with a vac diagram.
Maybe the powers that be can move this to the tech side? Lots of knowledgeable people there.

no its fuel injected. have removed ac and added just a puuley in it place, removed the smog pump and added just a pulley. When i ordered the pulley for ac it says i need a half inch smaller belt

This is for an 88 your car should be similar.

uploadfromtaptalk1479751732585.png

As long as you get vacuum, you can plumb it in several ways. Most guys use a combination of T's off of the factory vacuum tree.

That being said, you need vacuum for the following if still hooked up- disregard the smog pump, A/C, TAD/TAB hookups.
  • Brake booster
  • EGR
  • Fuel Pressure regulator
  • PCV valve
  • Cannister
  • HVAC controls
  • cruise control
You will most likely end up plugging off some unused ports.

mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg

I would highly recommend against a smog delete as it is just one more pulley to go bad and is unneeded. Just run a short belt

fox-body-belt-routing-length-50_4987.jpg

Reactions: 1 users