Vacuum lines on tubular GT-40 intake. Different than Cobra....

jd-hart

Jun 29, 2005
Greensboro, NC
I just received a brand new GT-40 intake in the mail today that I found on ebay.

Does anybody have a diagram or pictures of how to run the vacuum lines for the GT-40?

The ports are different on the two, and I am not sure how to connect everything correctly.....:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The set up is the same as on the stock intake. You'll need the stock vacuum tree off of the OE manifold. If you call FRPP, they'll fax you the instruction sheet.

Okay, one more question.

On the Cobra intake there is a small port that is on the front of the intake. A vacuum hose connects to it, I believe it is emissions related. It is kind of inline with the EGR spacer, if there was one.

Where does this line connect on the GT-40? Do I just run it to the back and tee it in with the other lines coming out of the factory tree?:shrug:

Thanks for the help!

That line comes from the vapor canister. On the GT-40 it goes to the forward-facing port on the underside of the upper, opposite the vacuum tree which points to the rear. If I remember correctly, you're going to need to buy a fitting for the port.

Right now I have that forward facing port running to a "T" in the rear port on the underside of the plenum. The other side of that "T" goes to my PVC valve.

So do I need somesort of "T" for the front port?

Or is there anyplace else that I can hook this up? What happens if I just plug it?

Okay, here goes: On the underside of the upper manifold there are two open ports, one facing forward one facing aft. The rearward one gets the factory tee with three ports. The large one goes to the vacuum tree on the firewall next to the wiper motor. One of the small ones goes to the EGR and I believe that the other goes to the fuel pressure regulator. The forward facing port needs a bayonet-style fitting to attach to the vapor canister. The canister is an emissions device that vents the gas tank. Unless you want a continuous gas smell from your car, don't plug it off. If you look at the underside of the "tank" of the upper intake, you'll see that there are two holes that face down, one in each corner. The front one gets plugged off. The rear one needs an "L" fitting. This is connected to your PCV hose.