Value of Used original fenders ('65-'66)

• Sponsors (?)

I paid $200 for a used pair at the Columbus show, but they needed a bunch of work. A friend of my coworker here scammed a set of NOS fenders still in the cardboard at Carlisle for $400. It really denpends on the condition. Mine were not a good deal cause the bodywork was well done and hid some damage that could not be seen from the inside. I take a magnet with me now.

Wow, $400 for NOS - that sounds like an amazing deal. I didn't think there were many great deals at Carlisle on my previous trips. From looking online it seems that solid original fenders can be had for about 150 per side - now I just have to find some locally so that I can check them out first.

I'll definately be going out this year to have a look although I'm trying to have the car done by that point (are they ever done?).

Yea, it was a deal and a half. We don't think the seller knew what he had...he either had just arrived or was packing up or something. Yea, would be nice to have just to keep in case you need a set like that. THe $200 I paid for used was probably $100 too much after all the work to straighten them out...

Wow, $400 for NOS - that sounds like an amazing deal. I didn't think there were many great deals at Carlisle on my previous trips. From looking online it seems that solid original fenders can be had for about 150 per side - now I just have to find some locally so that I can check them out first.

Good rust free originals with maybe a few dings would be well worth $150 in my opinion. They'll fit a lot better than the reproductions that cost almost that much.

I have a pair of very nice, rust free 65 front fenders that would need only very minimal touch up prior to painting and installation. I would not consider anything less than $450 for the pair if I actually wanted to sell them (which I do not). Pretty much anyone who has ever tried to make the crap repops work (been there) will tell you that hunting down and using good original sheet metal is the best way to go. I found these around 7 years ago when a guy approached me at a cruise night and asked me if I needed any parts for my car. Ended up buying the fenders along with a very nice hood and trunk lid for $250.