Value on a 65 200 and 3 speed

HDTony

Oct 15, 2010
Plainfield IL
I am building a new motor for my 65 coupe. Just wondering what i should price my original 6 cyl and 3 speed at to recoupe some of my costs. Anyone have any ideas. It runs perfect, shifts great. I know its been rebuilt once according to the previous owner.

• Sponsors (?)

If everything is really nice and both looks very clean and runs smooth you could ask $600. It will help the sale if you keep in in the car so the buyer can see it run.

I sold my 200 and 3 speed that ran but lacked power for $50. It didn't smoke or use oil. I likely under charged but I mostly wanted it out of the garage so I could have some space. Even at that price I think the guy wanted an engine that was good for another 100,000 miles. I would be surprised if you could get $500 unless the thing is well detailed and super clean. Good luck on the sale.

I have seen guys sell them for about 400-500 complete with everything one them from air cleaner to oil pan and even the clutch. This means a turn key setup with the water pump, carb and fuel pump etc. That is in nice condition. If its just running then it won't get that much. The idea of the news paper in the video would be good.

I sold my 3 speed for 150 bucks and the non running 200 for 150 bucks. So, I got 300 for everything and it had been sitting for 10 years. The trans was still usable, but the engine needed to be completely rebuilt.

Do you have a picture of the one you have?