Valve Cover Q's

Red66GT

Jul 14, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
In what ways are aluminum valve covers superior to steel (seems they would be superior b/c they cost quite a bit more)?

Also, how tall are the stock valve covers? (I don't know if I have the stock height edlebrock signature series or the tall ones, and I want to replace my valve covers with something that is the same height)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I hope to put my order in by tommorrw night (sunday) so that Summit can ship my order by monday.

Also, anyone feel free to chime in about any valve covers that they're pleased with (good looks w/ no leaks).

I already bought my hi-performance valve cover gaskets today at autozone and am anxious to get everything installed sometime next week.

• Sponsors (?)

I have Summit brand, SUM-G3322 Cast aluminum valve covers with felpro steel core gaskets, FEL-VS13264T. Could not be happier. Valve covers have stiff rails and gaskets stay in shape and have spacers at each bolt hole to prevent over tightening.

All the valve cover does is keep the oil from splashing around under the hood, buy whatever you like the looks of. Just don't tighten them too much, they only need to be finger tight. the aluminum tend to crack if over-tightened, and the sheet metal ones warp.