Valve Rattle?

RTGreen

Founding Member
Nov 9, 2001
Alabaster, Alabama
When my wife cranks her 96GT she gets a large amount of valve rattle on the passanger side head. I can feel some knocking when I put my hand on the valve cover, but when I removed the valve cover nothing was loose. The car has 94K miles and we only use premimum fuel. Any ideas guys?

• Sponsors (?)

RTGreen said:
When my wife cranks her 96GT she gets a large amount of valve rattle on the passanger side head. I can feel some knocking when I put my hand on the valve cover, but when I removed the valve cover nothing was loose. The car has 94K miles and we only use premimum fuel. Any ideas guys?

Check the PCV valve. I had replaced mine with a Purolator one (metal casing) 10,000 miles ago, and the sound that it was producing (rattling) sounded very much like it was coming from the valves or fuel injectors on the passenger's side. Just bought a plastic OEM one for $8 from Ford, and the problem went away.

StangIt #1 said:
Check the PCV valve. I had replaced mine with a Purolator one (metal casing) 10,000 miles ago, and the sound that it was producing (rattling) sounded very much like it was coming from the valves or fuel injectors on the passenger's side. Just bought a plastic OEM one for $8 from Ford, and the problem went away.

Thanks, I'll spend $8 bucks and see if it does the job. :nice: