Valve tip rocker pattern..input?

my9302002

Oct 28, 2007
rocker pattern 001.jpg Just installed the AFR heads...Scorpian 1.6 rockers stud mount. I think the pattern looks good.
Agreed?

• Sponsors (?)

How wide is the rocker sweep pattern? In an ideal world you would want it center of the valve and narrow as possible. Dont always work that way, so its best to shoot for the narrowest pattern you can get, as long as its not to close to the edge of the valve stem.

Id shoot for a pattern with about .050-.060 runout(sweep). It will require playing with the Pushrod checker a good bit. Start out by going longer and see if the patter gets narrower.

what cam is this?

And by the way, those are stud mount not pedestal mount.

Correct, stud mount....
Very mild Crane cam 260 duration, .456 lift...non-roller block.
Lost my calipers....can't give measurement of the sweep,
Contact area looks center to mildy on the intake side.
Sweep looks wide to you?

From the picture it looks wide. looks about .070's, maybe a tad more. With a cam that size, you should be able to get in the .050 range easily on the pattern. I know on my last setup, the cam was in the .56x lift range and i was in the low .050's. The thinner the mark, the less the loading on the valve guides.

Since I'm a little closer to the intake side do I go shorter or longer on the pushrod. Just want to double check, I know you said longer, but I've read opposite in the archives. Just want to get a picture in my head on the geometry.
Thanks...I appreciate it.