Valve To Piston Clearance Question

Correct me if I'm wrong but Edelbrock does make RPM performer heads 180cc? Those seem decent. with some comp roller rockers and the right spring set up it seems like a decent package. Any thoughts on the stud girdle or is that a waist?

• Sponsors (?)

To spin any kind of rpm like that and live I t must be internally balanced . Stock block is scary - the girdle is only going to hold the block from actually being two pieces when it does split .

Ditch the HV pump get a get a standard volume melling . An HV should only be used in an engine with larger tolerances on a fresh build you are cramming that oil in a small space and a higher rate causing it eventually starve more then it would with a standard volume pump .

Reactions: 2 users
Check my build. 7500 rpm 331 just made 440rwhp a few weeks back. You will defiantly need AFR 205 or equivalent. Ditch the air gap for a super victor if 7500 is reality.
Scott

Reactions: 1 users
I love how you acknowledged at the beginning that you know the heads would limit you to under 5500 RPM but you're trying to match it with an X cam that will want the motor to spin like 6500+.

I wouldn't buy a damn thing yet. Talk to Ed or Woody and tell them your goals and see what they say. If you really truly want the motor at 7500+RPM you are going to have a very expensive engine.

Reactions: 1 user